Wellbrook Loop Antenna (Just Ordered)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Want to thank everyone for there thoughts and other information on getting a loop antenna for HF utility listening. I just ordered an new Model ALA1530LNPro IMPERIUM North American version Loop Antenna from Wellbrook Antenna's, the new Elad FDM-S3 SDR should be released by the end of the year, they are just waiting for the FCC to pass the radio. I think this will be a good setup for me on the HF Bands.
Thanks Again.
Steve

mbott

Premium Subscriber
You'll enjoy the Wellbrook. I have both the Wellbrook and the Pixel RF Pro-1B and the Pixel is my daily use antenna while the Wellbrook is my pack up and take into the woods antenna because it operates at 12v DC. Much easier to use in the woods than the 24v AC that the Pixel requires.

--
Mike

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Wellbrook Loop

You'll enjoy the Wellbrook. I have both the Wellbrook and the Pixel RF Pro-1B and the Pixel is my daily use antenna while the Wellbrook is my pack up and take into the woods antenna because it operates at 12v DC. Much easier to use in the woods than the 24v AC that the Pixel requires.

--
Mike

Thanks Mike, I am looking forward to using it, hopefully the Elad radio will be released soon and I can set everything up.
Steve

mbott

Premium Subscriber
Saint, do you have your Wellbrook up and running yet?

--
Mike

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Wellbrook Antenna

Saint, do you have your Wellbrook up and running yet?

--
Mike

Hello Mike I have the Wellbrook Antenna up and I bought the Elad fdm-s2 radio instead of the fdm-s-3. The band conditions are just terrible down this way not picking up to much of anything as of yet:(, it's so bad I sent the radio back to elad to see if there was a problem with the radio and just got it back yesterday. I really hope band conditions clear up soon so I can enjoy the radio and antenna but we will have to see, if not I'll put it in the box for awhile and try latter.
Steve

mbott

Premium Subscriber
Gotcha. I usually start the morning with coffee and RNZI on 7425. Usually gives me a clue as to conditions for a bit. Some mornings better than others. Today appears to be one of the others. Peaking at an s7 off the Wellbrook with the RSP2.

Good luck!

Here is a link to about 95 seconds of RNZI's news/sports this morning. https://www.dropbox.com/s/adu7c2nmj8i985m/bandicam 2017-10-12 08-03-09-257.mp4?dl=0 The link will remain for about 30 days.

--
Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.