RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > The RadioReference Tavern > Religion

Religion - Dog is my copilot. My karma ran over your dogma

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 10:13 PM

Thumbs down Track Officials Disqualify High School Runner for Thanking God

A Texas high school track team was prevented from advancing to the state finals after the student who landed first place in the boys 4×100-meter relay pointed towards the sky in a gesture of faith, prompting the team’s disqualification.

In a perverted interpretation of a » Track Officials Disqualify High School Runner for Thanking God Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
Sponsored links
Old 05-05-2013, 9:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisx50 View Post
A Texas high school track team was prevented from advancing to the state finals after the student who landed first place in the boys 4×100-meter relay pointed towards the sky in a gesture of faith, prompting the team’s disqualification.

In a perverted interpretation of a » Track Officials Disqualify High School Runner for Thanking God Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
Stupidity, they try to Edge God Out of all things, so we will just feel like soulless androids and have no point. The Truth is we are far from soulless, and there is a point to all things. Our soul/Light Body is a replica of God, only seperated from God Consciousness, to epierence seperation from the Primal Consciousness to express our freewill as Individuated Points of The Sources Consciousness. The people in Control, try to control the way we think, act and treat others, it has been embedded in our culture. The good thing is our hearts are awakening, to what God really is, and our relationship to it and to the broader orders of beings we are also connected with. They cannot win, Our light within is to strong and all there really doing is hastening our unification as a species, while they think they are seperating us. It is not possible to seperate us, they can make us think we are, but our interconnection is deeper than anyone realizes

LOVE AND BLESSINGS P.S. The EGO = Edge God Out

Last edited by wingmaker; 05-05-2013 at 9:14 AM..
Old 05-05-2013, 9:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingmaker View Post
Stupidity, they try to Edge God Out of all things, ...
Works for me..
Quote:
The good thing is our hearts are awakening, to what God really is,
A fantasy. A fictional character. A figment of the imagination of the weak minded.
Old 05-05-2013, 9:44 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Track Officials Disqualify High School Runner for Thanking God

The rules there state that NO gestures of celebration are allowed in the competition area.

Religious expression was NOT singled out, but if you want to look at it that way, that's your call.
Old 05-07-2013, 3:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimru View Post
The rules there state that NO gestures of celebration are allowed in the competition area.

Religious expression was NOT singled out, but if you want to look at it that way, that's your call.
I understand, but come on now I have seen many baseball and football players gesture to the sky when they score or hit a home run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
Works for me..

A fantasy. A fictional character. A figment of the imagination of the weak minded.
If it works for you, then that is all that matters. I wasnt trying to say there something wrong with it, sorry if I offended you. I can understand your belief, but it just dont fit me. My father dont believe in it either, he says pretty much what you do, except the weak minded part Im sorry you think that my belief makes me weak minded or anybody else that has similar beliefs or beliefs based off religions. That is your right and your belief and that is all good with me

In a way I ironically agree with you in the fictional character part though

LOVE AND BLESSINGS
Sponsored links
Old 05-07-2013, 3:27 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
I understand, but come on now I have seen many baseball and football players gesture to the sky when they score or hit a home run.
You have, but not in this venue and I doubt in this conference.

Why should this kid get a dispensation, if the rules state "NO gestures"??

Because it was a gesture of a religious nature?

If this kid had been disqualified for making a fist pump, we never would have seen it in the national news, so, "come on, now", right back 'atcha!

Old 05-09-2013, 5:41 PM

I guess a thumbs up is a horrible thing then too!
Old 05-09-2013, 7:40 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
I guess a thumbs up is a horrible thing then too!
I guess it is if they are enforcing their rules!

Like the t-shirt says: "Rules is rules!"
Old 05-09-2013, 7:46 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

By the way, if it could be shown to me somehow, that these rules were being unevenly enforced; that the judges were in fact allowing "thumbs up" or "fist pumps", but only singled out this poor kid because he acknowledges God, well then I would agree that they were discriminating against him because of his religious beliefs.

So far, nothing of the kind has been suggested. All of the noise being made is from the far-right bloggers, to hammer home their belief that this country is becoming "anti-Christian".

This just isn't a good example of that belief at all!
Old 05-10-2013, 2:42 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

The article states that the rules prohibit "excessive displays" of celebration. How is touching your ear and pointing skyward excessive? It wasn't an "end zone dance". It wasn't a "chest bump" or "high five" with a teammate. How was this "excessive"?
Old 05-10-2013, 7:34 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB7MIB View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

The article states that the rules prohibit "excessive displays" of celebration. How is touching your ear and pointing skyward excessive? It wasn't an "end zone dance". It wasn't a "chest bump" or "high five" with a teammate. How was this "excessive"?
Just as I thought, here is an update:

http://www.texastribune.org/2013/05/...investigation/
Old 05-11-2013, 4:36 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Thank you for the update.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:26 PM

Thanks for the Update I must admit, I had a view based on the Title of the Thread, that was a rush to Judgement without knowing and seeing the the Big Picture Like Jimru posted above rules are rules. I just think people should be able to express emotions of joy and happiness, because we all know that if we do something really awesome and good, we tend to get very happy and want to celebrate. I will also admit some do more than others. Behaving disrespectfully to anyone is not good in my Book. I treat all situations and people with respect and compassion, understanding, and if I cant I try to remove myself from the situation

Based on the following update, I would say he was gesturing he is #1, not bad but Like Jimru said against the rules, with that said maybe we can see that we are emotional beings and Respect that, and let us express them as long as we are not disrespecting anyone.

I will also admit that when people gesture up to the sky, it kinda annoys me, because it seems that there saying gods up there and disconnecting it from our selves. But the truth is God is the Universe the Multiverse and all of creation, it is you and me, its a tree, a plant, it is inside and outside of everything, its impossible not see god, just people were for the most part looking for a being, they call god. Witch does not exist apart from all of creation. So I can say God is up there, just more than likely not how they look at it. The Truth is we all know who and what we are, but it was part of this journey for us to forget and remember while being here.

LOVE AND BLESSINGS TO YOU ALL

Last edited by wingmaker; 05-11-2013 at 12:31 PM..
Old 05-11-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
ust people were for the most part looking for a being, they call god. Witch does not exist apart from all of creation.
Witches DO exist. Wicca is considered just as legitimate a religious practice as any other.

Or perhaps you meant 'which' ?
Old 05-11-2013, 12:47 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I have no problem with gestures of joy at winning, although I think that all of the "dancing in the end zone" stuff is excessive in professional sports.

It may be that there is no way to regulate it without an "all or nothing" take on it. If you say that "some" celebrating is ok, but "others" aren't, where do you draw the line?

Anyway, my concern here was that so many people (including the boy's parents) were jumping to conclusions that this was a religion thing, and I found it very hard to believe that this was the case.

Ya'll have a nice day now!
Old 05-11-2013, 12:48 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Witches DO exist. Wicca is considered just as legitimate a religious practice as any other.

Or perhaps you meant 'which' ?
But which witch is which?
Old 05-11-2013, 1:12 PM

^ Glinda's the good one.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimru View Post
I have no problem with gestures of joy at winning, although I think that all of the "dancing in the end zone" stuff is excessive in professional sports.

It may be that there is no way to regulate it without an "all or nothing" take on it. If you say that "some" celebrating is ok, but "others" aren't, where do you draw the line?

Anyway, my concern here was that so many people (including the boy's parents) were jumping to conclusions that this was a religion thing, and I found it very hard to believe that this was the case.

Ya'll have a nice day now!
I agree, some do get quite excessive. Yes It is very hard to regulate without the all or nothing. Yes there was some rush to conclusions, me being one.

I meant which, my bad I agree there are present day witches

LOVE AND BLESSINGS TO YOU ALL AND EVERYONE
Old 05-14-2013, 2:38 AM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good

Quote:

Professional football players have been known in recent years, to get down on one knee and look at the
sky after a touchdown.

I did not know that practicing religion by ones self was against the law. If I am not mistaken, and have not misintepreted news articles and the law.....you cannot have PUBLIC prayer at a school / public function.

I am no legal genius...but it seem to me the kid and the team..... has a legal case.

Bias and prejudice against a High School sports team. What will they think of next?
Old 05-14-2013, 2:41 AM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good

Quote:

Have you been watching those Scooby-Doo cartoons again?

( episode about Wiccas )

FF-Medic !!!

Last edited by ff-medic; 05-14-2013 at 2:44 AM..