RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > The RadioReference Tavern > Religion

Religion - Dog is my copilot. My karma ran over your dogma

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-07-2014, 9:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1RGR View Post
Why would you not rely on an ancient book of writings of people who claim to have witnessed such incredible things such as extraterrestrial visitations? ....
While items in these ancient books (not just the Bible) may contain truth, it is impossible for me to personally verify these things. I believe the phrase I'm looking for is "chain of custody" in the legal sense. I can't personally verify the chain of custody of these ancient works to know if anything particular in them is true or not.

I am not belittling faith or religion at all. Just stating my "take" on things.
Sponsored links
Old 04-07-2014, 11:37 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfreq View Post
While items in these ancient books (not just the Bible) may contain truth, it is impossible for me to personally verify these things. I believe the phrase I'm looking for is "chain of custody" in the legal sense. I can't personally verify the chain of custody of these ancient works to know if anything particular in them is true or not.

I am not belittling faith or religion at all. Just stating my "take" on things.
Very well lowfreq. If you are ever interested in making the connection between Ancient aliens and whats written in the Bible look me up. I would be more then happy to share some very interesting Bible verses with you.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:45 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Ezekiel 1:1-28
As I looked, behold, a whirl wind came out of the north, and a great cloud, with brightness around it, and fire flashing forth continually, and in the midst of the fire, as it were gleaming metal. And from the midst of it came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance: they had a human likeness.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:51 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Matthew 24:31
And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
Old 04-13-2014, 9:53 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Elijah abducted by a strange glowing chariot. UFO?

2 Kings 2:11
And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven. 12 And Elisha saw it, and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof. And he saw him no more: and he took hold of his own clothes, and rent them in two pieces.
Sponsored links
Old 04-14-2014, 7:52 PM

A notable quote:
Proverbs 19:9 A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who breathes out lies will perish.
Other data that nobody cares about.
Old 04-15-2014, 8:44 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk2370bruce View Post
A notable quote:
Proverbs 19:9 A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who breathes out lies will perish.
Are you suggesting Elisha,Elijah and Ezekiel were all liars?

Last edited by N1RGR; 04-15-2014 at 8:49 AM..
Old 04-21-2014, 8:22 AM

Interesting topic. I wanted to chime in after reading the different opinions.

- Could there be aliens (beings from another planet/solar system/galaxy)? Absolutely, I firmly believe that among the billions of stars out there, there must be life and by life I mean bipedal, humanoid type species who have evolved; although any conjecture about such advanced civilizations is a matter of sheer speculation. Every few weeks brings news of a new Jupiter-sized extra-solar planet being discovered, the latest being about 15 light years away orbiting around the star Gliese 876.

To this end, there might be some who's technolgies are inferior to us and some who are 100,000 years more advanced. Mankind has acheived a lot in the last 100 years and I believe the best is yet to come if we make it another 100 years.

What i do not understand is if the human species; I think the human species is about 100000 years old.

- Why did we just in the last 100 years acheive such big technological feats?
- What happened? Were we helped by some more advanced civilizations?
- Were we created and let to run as an experiment to see how we fare?

I think there is a big gap in human history, as if it was erased

Now going back to shows like Ancient Aliens, it does offer a possibility that there have been external triggers to the human race's advancements in technology. There are many markings, artifacts that we cannot explain. Verses in many religious books ponting to 'Flying Chariots' coming from the sky in a fire ball. God himself termed 'Anunnaki' in ancient babylonia, mentioned of giants in the Mahabharata.

So many enigmas to be answered but I do beleive that all these religious books might not be 100% true translation from their begining words; i.e. lost in translation. Although I think they do offer a somehow good perspective that one should be ready to accept that what they knew of religion might not be accurate.

We are all one after all as a race and the first test that we are most likely being put through is 'Can we live in harmony with not just our other fellow huamn with different skin tones and religions and languages but also, how do we treat mother earth. So far on both counts ,humanity has not scored well. So who know, maybe if we are being watched, we are being put to a test to see, if we are ready to welcome maybe a higher level of awareness and outlook.

I used to watch Stargate SG-1. Also offered some perspective on 'what if?'

The pyramids in the different continents, markings in caves, etc might just be the begining of our understanding of the universe. They might have been messages that our ancestors wanted to pass to us in hope that one day we decipher the true meanings.

Last edited by rad1oreference; 04-21-2014 at 8:28 AM..
Old 04-21-2014, 8:14 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad1oreference View Post
Interesting topic. I wanted to chime in after reading the different opinions.
Awesome! I agree it is a very interesting topic!

Quote:
- Could there be aliens (beings from another planet/solar system/galaxy)? Absolutely, I firmly believe that among the billions of stars out there, there must be life and by life I mean bipedal, humanoid type species who have evolved; although any conjecture about such advanced civilizations is a matter of sheer speculation. Every few weeks brings news of a new Jupiter-sized extra-solar planet being discovered, the latest being about 15 light years away orbiting around the star Gliese 876.
I absolutely agree! Jesus made no bones about it when he said quote "My Kingdom Is Not Of This World". Obviously Jesus is speaking of another world. Yet many refuse to make the connection because of what they have been taught to believe by the Church. It is as plain as day!

Quote:
To this end, there might be some who's technolgies are inferior to us and some who are 100,000 years more advanced. Mankind has acheived a lot in the last 100 years and I believe the best is yet to come if we make it another 100 years.
And God said "Let Us Make Man In Our Image And Our Likeness"! We are very much like them. We are creative and technological beings! They created life and traveled the heavens. So we have the same ambitions and creative drive. Its no secret that we are different then any other creature on the planet. Why is that? Satan said our eyes have become open and we have become like God.

Quote:
What i do not understand is if the human species; I think the human species is about 100000 years old.

- What happened? Were we helped by some more advanced civilizations?
- Were we created and let to run as an experiment to see how we fare?

I think there is a big gap in human history, as if it was erased
-I'm not sure however such advancements are addressed in the Bible referring to the end times.

Daniel 12:4
But you, Daniel, shut up the words and seal the book, until the time of the end. Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.”

The message contained in the book Genesis and the book of Job is that we are an experiment plain and simple.

Quote:
Now going back to shows like Ancient Aliens, it does offer a possibility that there have been external triggers to the human race's advancements in technology. There are many markings, artifacts that we cannot explain. Verses in many religious books ponting to 'Flying Chariots' coming from the sky in a fire ball. God himself termed 'Anunnaki' in ancient babylonia, mentioned of giants in the Mahabharata.
Not to mention the book of Enoch!

Quote:
So many enigmas to be answered but I do beleive that all these religious books might not be 100% true translation from their begining words; i.e. lost in translation. Although I think they do offer a somehow good perspective that one should be ready to accept that what they knew of religion might not be accurate.
Absolutely agree! Many would never accept the fact the Angels are Aliens! The reason is because of the traditional teachings of the Church. Many believe angels fly about in the clouds strumming harps. This concept is far from reality.

Quote:
We are all one after all as a race and the first test that we are most likely being put through is 'Can we live in harmony with not just our other fellow huamn with different skin tones and religions and languages but also, how do we treat mother earth. So far on both counts ,humanity has not scored well. So who know, maybe if we are being watched, we are being put to a test to see, if we are ready to welcome maybe a higher level of awareness and outlook.
The message is we can. Read and understand the teachings of Jesus Christ. The answers are contained within. He is the key that unlocks the mystery and the path to eternal life. This whole thing is much bigger then you could ever imagine. First open your mind and then open your heart.

Quote:
The pyramids in the different continents, markings in caves, etc might just be the begining of our understanding of the universe. They might have been messages that our ancestors wanted to pass to us in hope that one day we decipher the true meanings.
The message is real! We are NOT alone! And they will return one day! Rejoice!

And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”
Attached Images

Last edited by N1RGR; 04-21-2014 at 8:19 PM..
Old 04-22-2014, 11:52 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Have you heard of The Dark Ages? For about the past 2000 years the majority of human history has been held back by religion. There were times in our history when saying that the Earth revolved around the Sun would get you killed. The early astronomers had to be careful that the church did not find out about the scientific discoveries they were making.

Can you imagine where we would be as a civilization had the scientific minds of our past not been hindered by religious dogma? What if those early scientists had no fear of being burned or murdered just for discovering simple scientific principles? Had all that religious nonsense not happened, it's possible we could have already colonized Mars or begun Faster Than Light space travel.

Also you have to look at history as a whole to see why our Technological Age has only just begun. First we had to learn how to become small societies and civilizations. We had to learn how to live and work together. Then we had to fight each other and have a few wars. Then we had to discover things like simple metallurgy and chemistry. Then we fought a few more wars. Then disease killed most of us off. Then religion became the focus of our civilization and things slowed down. Religion is afraid of knowledge, so we focused on making a god/many gods/some gods happy and didn't focus on education and discovery. Then we had a few more wars. Then we started to perfect what we knew about metals and chemistry. Slowly we discovered things like electricity, electromagnetism, ways to make metals stronger. Then we discovered how to become an industrial society. Then we had a war.

Now this is an important turning point in our history. By the Industrial Age we wanted to figure out ways to better kill our enemies and so our smartest people started working on how to build a better bomb. Then "poof!" we have the beginning of the Technological Age. Once we discovered computers, we found ways to speed up the evolutionary process of our civilization. We could now calculate and test things in a matter of hours that used to take decades to test. Technology grows so fast, it's no wonder that we've come as far as we have in such a short time.
Old 05-09-2014, 7:47 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Isaiah 66:15 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.