RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > The RadioReference Tavern > Religion

Religion - Dog is my copilot. My karma ran over your dogma

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-18-2014, 5:10 AM

Location: RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the SAM
Default Uh, Okay...

Catholic University Installs Islamic Washing Stations on Campus | Conservative Infidel Conservative Infidel

Quote:
The accommodation comes in the form of an Islamic prayer room complete with ritual washing station at the University of St. Thomas in good-old Sharia tolerant St. Paul, MN.

This Sig may or may not get purged from the database...
Sponsored links
Old 02-18-2014, 5:26 AM
feets

Wrong forum. There is nothing political about this.

On the religious level, it appears some christians quickly forget some of their most important teachings. Namely, spreading the word.

I would tend to think that getting non believers into the christian school would be a step in that direction.

But, what do I know. Christians seem to be highly,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,forgetful of their teachings now a days.
Old 02-18-2014, 6:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feets View Post

But, what do I know. Christians seem to be highly,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,forgetful of their teachings now a days.
John 3:16

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son that whom ever believes in him shall not perish but have internal life.

That is an easy passage to remember and it is most likely known by Christians around the world. It mentions nothing about Mohammed. So forgetful is not something I think is at stake, rather political correctness

Old 02-18-2014, 9:35 AM

Ah so now we know Feet's achilles heel!

Religion!
Attached Images

Old 02-18-2014, 12:35 PM
feets

Quote:
Originally Posted by poltergeisty View Post
John 3:16

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son that whom ever believes in him shall not perish but have internal life.

That is an easy passage to remember and it is most likely known by Christians around the world. It mentions nothing about Mohammed. So forgetful is not something I think is at stake, rather political correctness
Using google and the copy and paste function on your computer doesn't mean you remember anything.

Obviously, those running the college are much more aware of the teachings of Christ than you. Unfortunately, I know very few true Christians. I could count them on one hand. The rest, like you, use their religion as a tool to dictate to others. That is something that is quite contradictory to Jesus' teachings. That's one of the reasons I began to question the belief in the first place. If tools that call themselves Christian only use the religion for personal gain and a place to "fit in" and don't follow their own bleatings but are somehow favored by "God" there cannot be a God or those people would be removed from the gene pool.
Sponsored links
Old 02-18-2014, 12:48 PM
feets

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidcharger View Post
Ah so now we know Feet's achilles heel!

Religion!

Tell me genius, what does the government have to do with the OP?

Try opening your mouth to breathe. The lack of oxygen to your brain is likely a cause of being too dumb to open your mouth when you have had a stuffy nose. You can't really reverse the damage done but you may be able to prevent further damage.

Last edited by feets; 02-18-2014 at 1:03 PM..
Old 02-18-2014, 7:14 PM

Quote:

Tell me genius, what does the government have to do with the OP?

Try opening your mouth to breathe. The lack of oxygen to your brain is likely a cause of being too dumb to open your mouth when you have had a stuffy nose. You can't really reverse the damage done but you may be able to prevent further damage.
If you're just going insult me and call me names, I think I'll go do something else now. Bye.
Old 02-18-2014, 7:49 PM
feets

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidcharger View Post
If you're just going insult me and call me names, I think I'll go do something else now. Bye.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qk8ZhkY9_w
Old 02-18-2014, 9:02 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:

Unfortunately, I know very few true Christians. I could count them on one hand. The rest, like you, use their religion as a tool to dictate to others. That is something that is quite contradictory to Jesus' teachings. That's one of the reasons I began to question the belief in the first place. If tools that call themselves Christian only use the religion for personal gain and a place to "fit in" and don't follow their own bleatings but are somehow favored by "God" there cannot be a God or those people would be removed from the gene pool.
Wow, what is scary is I actually agree with feets on this.

With all respect, this is spot on.
Old 02-19-2014, 5:04 AM

I didn't use copy and paste. I know it by heart. Do you want me to write the lord's prayer too???

Old 02-19-2014, 10:42 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Jesus said that true Christians are supposed to teach others, not to call them names.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:48 PM
feets

Quote:
I didn't use copy and paste. I know it by heart. Do you want me to write the lord's prayer too???
So, if you know the teachings, as you claim, then you chose to ignore them. Either way, calling yourself a Christian is as accurate as calling yourself a unicorn. A cursory glance is all it takes to see neither is true.
Old 02-19-2014, 2:23 PM

I don't subscribe to any one religion. When did I say that??? I'm spiritual only.

What do you mean I chose to ignore them? Have you even read the Bible yourself?

When I'm dying in a hospital bed (hopefully) I will reach out to the Chaplain and I will acept his blessing and hopefully my soul will go to heaven but I'll leave my mouth on earth.

Here's a copy and paste. I couldn't remember it all.

Matthew 10:28

And fear not them that kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul; but rather fear Him that is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Old 02-19-2014, 4:01 PM
feets

Quote:
I don't subscribe to any one religion. When did I say that??? I'm spiritual only.
Then why would you care what a Catholic University does? Obviously, it's none of your business, especially if your are not Christian.

Quote:
What do you mean I chose to ignore them? Have you even read the Bible yourself?
You don't follow the teachings of Christ. That is what I mean.

My name is John Christian. Do you really think I have never been in a church or picked up a bible?

Quote:
When I'm dying in a hospital bed (hopefully) I will reach out to the Chaplain and I will acept his blessing and hopefully my soul will go to heaven but I'll leave my mouth on earth.
Even if any of it was true, a person must be repentant. You are not. The Chaplain cannot help you.

Quote:
Here's a copy and paste. I couldn't remember it all.

Matthew 10:28

And fear not them that kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul; but rather fear Him that is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Two things about that.

The religious aspect; it makes my point. A true Christian would live his life fearing Him. You do not. Your plan is to accept a blessing on your death bed. There may be no death bed for you. You may die suddenly with no blessing.

The skeptic aspect; it's what I would say if I wanted people to do what I wanted them to. If they believe I(or a evil opposite) can cause them pain and suffering for an eternity even after death, they really are not going to risk opposing me in life. Otherwise, if life is so poor that the risk of death is no worse, they may rise up and fight.
Old 02-19-2014, 4:21 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNF2G View Post
Jesus said that true Christians are supposed to teach others, not to call them names.
This is where I fall out of grace. But I'm working on it. Its a life long journey.
Old 02-19-2014, 6:57 PM

Question

Quote:
Then why would you care what a Catholic University does? Obviously, it's none of your business, especially if your are not Christian.
Because my spirituality is of a Christian belief. Are you implying I'm a devil worshiper?

Quote:
You don't follow the teachings of Christ. That is what I mean.
And how do you know that? Do you know me, just from that chair you sit in. It's easy to just type BS isn't it?

Quote:
Even if any of it was true, a person must be repentant. You are not. The Chaplain cannot help you.
This one gets me. Like you know me. I pray every freaking night!!!! for my sins. YOU DON"T KNOW ME!

Quote:
Two things about that.

The religious aspect; it makes my point. A true Christian would live his life fearing Him. You do not. Your plan is to accept a blessing on your death bed. There may be no death bed for you. You may die suddenly with no blessing.

I was taught to fear god when I went to Bible school when I was 7!!!! And I said in parenthesis, (Hopefully) as in I hope I make it to a death bed. You lack reading compression. Read it again!

Mr. "Arm chair warrior, I know poltergeisty more than he knows himself keyboard typing moron." You know nothing about me, nothing I have done and nothing about my life. If you did you wouldn't open your mouth. Believe you me.

For I may be a single drop of rain, but I will remain. I'll be back again and again and again and again. ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪

Old 02-19-2014, 6:58 PM

Question for feets and only feets. Who said "My name is Legion: for we are many?"

I'll give you a clue it wasn't Satan and don't freaking look it up!

Last edited by poltergeisty; 02-19-2014 at 7:03 PM..
Old 02-19-2014, 7:13 PM

You know, I really shouldn't have to describe my beliefs, how I hold my faith and why I think a Catholic school is being politically correct. After all, I'm not a jackass whisperer.

Famous line from a famous move: "Stupid is as stupid does."

When will Saudi Arabia and other Islamic countries cater to us!

Old 02-19-2014, 7:49 PM

"Question for feets and only feets. Who said 'my name is Legion, for we are many'? I'll give you a clue. It wasn't Satan and don't freaking look it up!"

Come on, didn't you ever play Doom II? It was the hidden John Romero head at the end of MAP30!
Old 02-20-2014, 12:00 AM
feets

Quote:
Because my spirituality is of a Christian belief. Are you implying I'm a devil worshiper?
No. I am implying that you are a poser, not a true Christian. What I mean by that is, you use the parts of the religion that suit you and ignore the rest.

Quote:
And how do you know that? Do you know me, just from that chair you sit in. It's easy to just type BS isn't it?
I know it from your posts, including this one.

Quote:
This one gets me. Like you know me. I pray every freaking night!!!! for my sins. YOU DON"T KNOW ME!
I'm afraid none of your posts indicate repentance. I'm not sure you know what it is. Praying every "freaking" night to hope God removes your sins is not repentance. You don't get to do whatever you want all day then wipe the slate clean with a prayer. You must repent. This is done in your heart and shows in your actions.

How Do You Know When Someone Is Repentant?: 12 Signs – Gospel Driven Church

Quote:
A few verses before Jesusí instruction in Matthew 18 about church discipline, he provides us with help for determining whether an individual is characteristically repentant: would the person be willing to cut off a hand or tear out an eye rather than repeat the sin (Matt. 18:8-9)? That is to say, is he or she willing to do whatever it takes to fight against the sin? Repenting people, typically, are zealous about casting off their sin. Thatís what Godís Spirit does inside of them. When this happens, one can expect to see a willingness to accept outside counsel. A willingness to inconvenience their schedules. A willingness to confess embarrassing things. A willingness to make financial sacrifices or lose friends or end relationships. (p. 72)
But really, a believer should be helping you with this, not me. For instance, RGR's post in this thread appears repentant.

Quote:
I was taught to fear god when I went to Bible school when I was 7!!!! And I said in parenthesis, (Hopefully) as in I hope I make it to a death bed. You lack reading compression. Read it again!
Reading compression? Yes, I lack reading compression. As I get older it is harder to see tiny print.

I saw the (hopefully). That's my point. You are not living like you fear god. You shouldn't be hoping. Christ teaches that you live as a christian, not just die as one. Really, what's the point of the religion if you only have to be a christian at the end?

Quote:
Mr. "Arm chair warrior, I know poltergeisty more than he knows himself keyboard typing moron." You know nothing about me, nothing I have done and nothing about my life. If you did you wouldn't open your mouth. Believe you me.
Ahem. How "Christian" of you.

Quote:
For I may be a single drop of rain, but I will remain. I'll be back again and again and again and again. ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪
Another one liner to back you up?