RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > The RadioReference Tavern > Religion

Religion - Dog is my copilot. My karma ran over your dogma

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2014, 12:57 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In the 'patch
Posts: 4,294
Default Christianity and the myth of it being 'The most Charitable Religion on the Planet'

Ok Rob.

No Fox News to tell you how to think on this one.

You claimed that Christianity is 'the most charitable religion on the planet'

I call Bullsh*t. And here is why.

My quotes are taken from:
Canadian Indian residential school system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


'In the 19th and 20th century, the Canadian federal government's Indian Affairs department officially encouraged the growth of the Indian residential school system as a valuable agent in a wider policy of assimilating Native Canadians into European-Canadian society.[5] A key goal of the system, which often separated children from their families and communities, has been described as cultural genocide or "killing the Indian in the child".[6][7]'

To this end the Federal Government hired:

'...the schools were run by churches of various denominations—about 60 per cent by Roman Catholics, and 30 per cent by the Anglican Church of Canada and the United Church of Canada, along with its pre-1925 predecessors, Presbyterian, Congregationalist and Methodist churches. This system of using the established school facilities set up by missionaries was employed by the federal government for economical expedience. The federal government provided facilities and maintenance, and the churches provided teachers and education.'

Still following? This is my countries shame, perpetrated by 'Christians'

'The system was designed as an immersion program: in many schools, children were prohibited from (and sometimes punished for) speaking their own languages or practicing their own faiths. In the 20th century, former students of the schools have claimed that officials and teachers had practiced cultural genocide and ethnocide. Because of the relatively isolated nature of the schools, there was an elevated rate of physical and sexual abuse. Corporal punishment was often justified by a belief that it was the only way to "save souls", "civilize" the savage, or punish runaways who, if they became injured or died in their efforts to return home, would leave the school legally responsible for whatever befell them.'

There is much more material there, if you go and look. This is the 'Christian Charity' you were talking about?

Rebuttal?
__________________
Interoperatablity is not a technology it is an attitude!!!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2014, 3:27 PM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayn1n32008 View Post
There is much more material there, if you go and look. This is the 'Christian Charity' you were talking about?

Rebuttal?
Sure. What I have for you is a simple question more on topic than your story of some school in Canada. I challenge you to name a single Religion that is more charitable than Christianity in the world today.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2014, 3:30 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In the 'patch
Posts: 4,294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1RGR View Post
Sure. What I have for you is a simple question more on topic than your story of some school in Canada. I challenge you to name a single Religion that is more charitable than Christianity in the world today.

That's not how this works Rob... You made the claim, now back it up. That is how this works.
__________________
Interoperatablity is not a technology it is an attitude!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2014, 3:36 PM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayn1n32008 View Post
That's not how this works Rob... You made the claim, now back it up. That is how this works.
Can't answer my question kayn??? lol. I didn't think you could. Now I'm getting entertained.

Last edited by N1RGR; 08-06-2014 at 3:40 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2014, 3:44 PM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,171
Default

I never claimed Christianity to be perfect but without a doubt compared to every other Religion in the world it is the most charitable! And that is NO myth!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2014, 3:52 PM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,171
Default

Yawn! The bell just rang and kayn is already down for the count. Anybody have any smelling salts?
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2014, 3:56 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In the 'patch
Posts: 4,294
Default Christianity and the myth of it being 'The most Charitable Religion on the Pl...

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1RGR View Post
Can't answer my question kayn??? lol. I didn't think you could. Now I'm getting entertained.

I will take this response as proof you talk out of your Azz... You made the claim, now bring forth facts to back up your claim. Responding to me with a question to find you the information you claim is not how a debate works.

So let's review:

Rob claims Christianity is the most charitable religion,

Kayn1n3 calls BS and quotes, with sources to articles, showing Christianity to be rather criminal in nature, abusing the people it was supposed to be educating and caring for.

Rob replies with "show me a more charitable religion than Christianity."



Where's your facts to back up your position? I see nothing to support your claim that Christianity is the most charitable religion in the world.
__________________
Interoperatablity is not a technology it is an attitude!!!
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2014, 3:57 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In the 'patch
Posts: 4,294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1RGR View Post
I never claimed Christianity to be perfect but without a doubt compared to every other Religion in the world it is the most charitable! And that is NO myth!

Same mantra, no fact... I guess this is what Fox tells you to think. Sad Rob, if your going to make a claim, BACK IT UP!!!
__________________
Interoperatablity is not a technology it is an attitude!!!
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2014, 3:58 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In the 'patch
Posts: 4,294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1RGR View Post
Yawn! The bell just rang and kayn is already down for the count. Anybody have any smelling salts?

Yea, I'm having a snooze waiting for you to join the debate with more than a politicians empty claims.

What you got Rob? An empty statement? With nothing to back up your claim?
__________________
Interoperatablity is not a technology it is an attitude!!!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2014, 4:00 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In the 'patch
Posts: 4,294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1RGR View Post
I never claimed Christianity to be perfect but without a doubt compared to every other Religion in the world it is the most charitable! And that is NO myth!

It does not have to be perfect... But you made the claim... Looks like I'm just going to keep mopping the floor with you... As normal.
__________________
Interoperatablity is not a technology it is an attitude!!!
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2014, 4:03 PM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,171
Default

Seriously???Do you seriously want me to list all the charitable contributions Christianity has made in the world here? I don't think there is enough bandwidth on this website to list them all fool. That could take weeks. All you have to do is list a single Religion that has contributed more in charity throughout the world than Christianity. And you can't because there is not one.

Last edited by N1RGR; 08-06-2014 at 4:07 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2014, 4:21 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In the 'patch
Posts: 4,294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1RGR View Post
Seriously???Do you seriously want me to list all the charitable contributions Christianity has made in the world here? I don't think there is enough bandwidth on this website to list them all fool. That could take weeks. All you have to do is list a single Religion that has contributed more in charity throughout the world than Christianity. And you can't because there is not one.

Yawn. You made the claim... Why can't you even attempt to back it up? Instead you want me to do it for you.
__________________
Interoperatablity is not a technology it is an attitude!!!
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2014, 4:55 PM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayn1n32008 View Post
Yawn. You made the claim... Why can't you even attempt to back it up? Instead you want me to do it for you.
Yep. And you claimed it was a myth. Prove it! Prove me wrong. Name another Religion that is more charitable than Christianity. It's really simple kayn! The problem for you is that YOU CAN"T!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2014, 6:24 PM
feets's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Idahoooooo!
Posts: 22
Default

LOL.

Numbskull #1 Rob Goes Retard deflects a challenge, refuses to answer anything, and then claims victory.

I think he got his debate skills from Obama. Without his teleprompter(FOX) he can't mumble through anything.
__________________
A fool and his money are soon parted---Uncle Sam. Keep paying those taxes.

Last edited by feets; 11-18-2014 at 11:20 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2014, 7:07 PM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,171
Default

kayn's Religion Forum thread:
Christianity and the myth of it being 'The most Charitable Religion on the Planet'

Sounds to me like the burden of proof is on you kayn. You stated it was a myth yet you refuse to answer a fundamental question about your own statement. If Christianity is not the most Charitable religion in the world today then which one is? The reason you refuse to answer this question is because you would have to admit that Christianity is in fact the most Charitable religious organization in the world today and your statement is false. So kayn will remain silent folks. Remove his mouth piece and hose down the bloody mat. This match was over before it even began!

My work is done here.

Last edited by N1RGR; 08-06-2014 at 7:23 PM..
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2014, 7:48 PM
elk2370bruce's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: East Brunswick, NJ
Posts: 2,064
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1RGR View Post
I never claimed Christianity to be perfect but without a doubt compared to every other Religion in the world it is the most charitable! And that is NO myth!
No. Its just your personal opinion. What do you base your opinion on? Have you studied comparative religion intensively or is this just another example of personal bias? (Admit it. We all have them-including the Pope of Providence and plausible deniability)I'm sure that Buddhists and Shinto congregants would disagree with your viewpoint. While theological principle may be at a high ethical level, participants are hardly practicing them very well (of any faith). People (as a group) are greedy, self-serving, egotistical louts who follow the teachings while they are convienent or in their "go-to-meeting" suits, Christianity has had its times where biblical teachings were out of favor for a hundred or more years due to pride, search for money and power, and dominance over others. (And that was just within the church leadership.) I don't make such public prouncements of faith superiority, I just quietly live tthese principles according to my Anglican teachings and allow other religious followers to do the same without comment or chiding.. Comparisons are for people more qualified than either of us and that debate has been going on for centuries without resolution. Us this papal infallability at work again?
__________________
K C 2 P B J
Other useless license information.
List of my out-of-date radios.
Other data that nobody cares about.

Last edited by elk2370bruce; 08-06-2014 at 7:56 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2014, 8:03 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In the 'patch
Posts: 4,294
Default Christianity and the myth of it being 'The most Charitable Religion on the Pl...

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1RGR View Post
kayn's Religion Forum thread:

Christianity and the myth of it being 'The most Charitable Religion on the Planet'



Sounds to me like the burden of proof is on you kayn. You stated it was a myth yet you refuse to answer a fundamental question about your own statement. If Christianity is not the most Charitable religion in the world today then which one is? The reason you refuse to answer this question is because you would have to admit that Christianity is in fact the most Charitable religious organization in the world today and your statement is false. So kayn will remain silent folks. Remove his mouth piece and hose down the bloody mat. This match was over before it even began!



My work is done here.

Actually, no, I did not call it a myth, I called it bullsh*t, laid out an example of what 'Christians' did to one ethnic segment of my countries population, also provided links for further reading. All You could come up with was the same tired line, and challenged me to prove myself wrong.

When You do not have Fox to tell you what to think, you just babbles, and answers questions with more questions. You can't even glean enough talking points from Fox to have a real debate.

So STFU and go back to watching Fox... Or what ever other MSM feeds your soiled pants fear of everything 'bad' in the world. Go find the next Fox talking point to blame on Obama, and rail for the lack of outrage.

You need to get up off the mat, and wash the blood off your face. You only answering my challenge by telling me to find a more charitable religion is just more of you deflecting away from actually needing to think on your feet, and actually have a real honest debate, and YOU ARE the religious one, NOT me.
__________________
Interoperatablity is not a technology it is an attitude!!!

Last edited by kayn1n32008; 08-06-2014 at 8:11 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2014, 8:10 PM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk2370bruce View Post
No. Its just your personal opinion. What do you base your opinion on?
You should also ask that same question to the person posting this thread! Or are you simply bias to what I'm posting? Did you make a special trip over here to defend your buddy like feets did? I'm touched by your loyalty to your little group of friends Bruce....really I am!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk2370bruce View Post
Have you studied comparative religion inernsively or is this just another example of personal bias? I'm sure that Buddhists and Shinto congregants would disagree with your viewpoint.
You don't have to be a person who studied religion to determine that Christianity is the most Charitable religion in the world today. Are Buddhists and Muslims building schools and feeding the hungry over in Africa or Haiti? Can you even name any of the Islamic outreach programs in the world today? Go ahead and do a search on the internet and come back and list them all. I'm sure you could fit them all on your little pinky.

Last edited by N1RGR; 08-06-2014 at 8:22 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2014, 8:16 PM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayn1n32008 View Post
Actually, no, I did not call it a myth, I called it bullsh*t, laid out an example of what 'Christians' did to one ethnic segment of my countries population, also provided links for further reading. All You could come up with was the same tired line, and challenged me to prove myself wrong.

When You do not have Fox to tell you what to think, you just babbles, and answers questions with more questions. You can't even glean enough talking points from Fox to have a real debate.

So STFU and go back to watching Fox... Or what ever other MSM feeds your soiled pants fear of everything 'bad' in the world. Go find the next Fox talking point to blame on Obama, and rail for the lack of outrage.

You need to get up off the mat, and wash the blood off your face. You only answering my challenge by telling me to find a more charitable religion is just more of you deflecting away from actually needing to think on your feet, and actually have a real honest debate, and YOU ARE the religious one, NOT me.
Stay down before I knock the last tooth out of your head! Once again its your thread and its your claim....the burden of proof is on you moron! I don't have to prove anything. All I'm doing is asking you a simple question and you refuse to answer it! And the reason is obvious! You Can't! And all your little buddies can't help you either. Truly Pathetic. But entertaining!

Last edited by N1RGR; 08-06-2014 at 8:24 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2014, 8:18 PM
feets's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Idahoooooo!
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1RGR View Post
kayn's Religion Forum thread:
Christianity and the myth of it being 'The most Charitable Religion on the Planet'

Sounds to me like the burden of proof is on you kayn. You stated it was a myth yet you refuse to answer a fundamental question about your own statement. If Christianity is not the most Charitable religion in the world today then which one is? The reason you refuse to answer this question is because you would have to admit that Christianity is in fact the most Charitable religious organization in the world today and your statement is false. So kayn will remain silent folks. Remove his mouth piece and hose down the bloody mat. This match was over before it even began!

My work is done here.
That's some funny chit right there.

You claimed Christianity is the most charitable religion. When pressed, you give absolutely no basis for your claim and after having run around the ring and never even throwing a punch, claim victory.

You remind me of "Danger" from Million Dollar Baby.

Million Dollar Baby (2004): Training Danger - Video
__________________
A fool and his money are soon parted---Uncle Sam. Keep paying those taxes.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 1:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2015 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions