Something will be happen in RI

Status
Not open for further replies.

trunker0205

Rhode Island will be getting a new statewide disaster radio system to connect police and fire departments statewide using 800mhz.It will basically be an 800 MHz trunked radio control station at every police and fire dispatch center across the state. It is the brainchild of the Communications Working Group Committee, which is made up of several people from different state agencies, police & fire chief associations, EMA, and a hired out of state consultant.

It will operate on the existing RI DOT trunked system which was recently upgraded to Motorola Type 2 trunking. The frequencies are as follows:

The talkgroup IDs for this new net has not yet been assigned.

Thanks to AA1PL for this INFO

fyrrsq4

Premium Subscriber
RI disaster radio info

Hello group,

I have done a little "research" so to speak on this disater radio "RITERN" system. I have plugged in the RI State 800 Motorola type 2 system INTO MY bc780 and left the computer id searching program running. I called my FIre Dispacther today and had him key the mic for 3-4 seconds. I was able to hear the phone and trucks in the background on our regular channel in the background. The talk group for our RITERN plays on "304". I will listen into the am test in the morning which should be around 0900-0930hrs. I will also leave the software running to record the whole test to see if all State Departments for RITERN use the id of "talk group 304"

I will keep you all advised,
Ken

fyrrsq4

Premium Subscriber
ritern system

HI GROUP,
I LOCKED IN THE RITERN SYSTEM THIS AM AND MONITORED THE 0900 TEST. THE RITERN TALKGROUP IS INDEED "304". THE STATE DID THE MORNING TEST FOR ALL POLICE AND FIRE DEPTS WITH ALL DEPTS HEARD LOUD AND CLEAR FROM MY HOUSE IN NORTH SMITHFIELD. NEW SHOREHAM [BLOCK ILS] WAS LOUD AND CLEAR FROM HERE. SEEMS LIKE A VERY WELL PLACED 800 SYSTEM.

Ken

Costanza

Are these all the freqs ?

Hello group.
Are these the only freqs for the RITERN system or are they in addition to the original RI State system freqs?
I have never programmed the state into any scanner and have never listened ( except when they were on low band I think it was ), but I thought that there were 10 freqs or so. Were those the old system freqs?
Thinking I may have to program the system in now.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Cos

Status
Not open for further replies.