KA1MXL DMR Repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

ermin

Hello All

Visiting Providence area in a week. I would like to try DMR but most are VHF and I only have a UHF MD380 HT. Is the subject repeater active. I cannot find talk group info. I understand it is a Brandmeister repeater,

Also, I feel really dumb asking this but for the KA1MXL machine which is the repeater input frequency? 437 or 438?

Also the KH6HZ repeater.

Thank you

Ermin

Last edited:

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
Repeater Book shows no 70cm DMR in Providence. The only repeater listed for KA1MXL is a 2m analog. No listing at all for KH6HZ.

However, there are several 70cm DMR repeaters listed nearby the Providence area that should be accessible.

Go to: DMR-MARC Network and use the map to zoon into the state of RI, then just to the left of Providence look for "Killingly, CT. Click on the Blue circle with 2 to zoom in closer. Freq. CC and TG's are listed for both repeaters.

ermin

Repeater Book shows no 70cm DMR in Providence. The only repeater listed for KA1MXL is a 2m analog. No listing at all for KH6HZ.

However, there are several 70cm DMR repeaters listed nearby the Providence area that should be accessible.

Go to: DMR-MARC Network and use the map to zoon into the state of RI, then just to the left of Providence look for "Killingly, CT. Click on the Blue circle with 2 to zoom in closer. Freq. CC and TG's are listed for both repeaters.

These listings I found are on the Brandmeister web site. I have all of the other DMR web sites info but nothing on these two. Funny. It’s like the only place they exist is on the Brandmeister web site. Has anyone used these two DMR repeaters?

Ermin

ermin

These listings I found are on the Brandmeister web site. I have all of the other DMR web sites info but nothing on these two. Funny. It’s like the only place they exist is on the Brandmeister web site. Has anyone used these two DMR repeaters?

Ermin

OK. I'm going to assume that the lack of an answer means there are no active Brandmeister DMR repeaters in the Providence area. Gonna try to find an email addy for KA1MXL and see what is going on with this listing.

Ermin

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
He is listed on qrz.com so it's pretty easy to find: callsign at cox.net
Currently we have BRANDMEISTER DMR (31444) - C4FM (93196) - ALLSTAR (45590) - ECHOLINK (KA1MXL-L) - TEAMSPEAK (NEHUB), DSTAR (DCS059A) and NXDN (31444). Due to the multitude of different modes available here we ask that you refrain from “quick” keying and leave at least a 3-4 second delay before keying up. Also we ask that you shut off VOX when using either TeamSpeak or EchoLink. View the Allstar activity here, http://allmon.newenglandhub.net.

kh6hz

Brandmeister lists my home hotspot as a repeater. I'm not sure what setting in pi-star made this happen, perhaps because I use a BM api key to sync my hotspot's settings to BM.

I'm roughly 13 air miles from Providence, I doubt you would be able to hit it, but it is configured for public access, so you are welcome to use it.

I'm not aware of any 70cm DMR repeaters in Providence. I use W1DMR's 2m system in Cumberland in Providence.

Status
Not open for further replies.