Warwick Fire 800?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewj

Premium Subscriber
Listening to Warwick Fire Dispatch this morning and on several occasions they instructed “all units to the 800 Fireground 3”

I looked for an 800MHz channel in the Warwick section of the database as well as any new TGID’s for Warwick but can’t find anything.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Stewj

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
I tried doing a FCC search for Warwick FD using various keywords, couldn't find a license for any conventional 800 frequencies for the city. Maybe it is something ties in with the RISCON licenses?

Stewj

Premium Subscriber
Dug a little deeper and found a listing on Scan New England Wiki for TGID 1170 assigned to Warwick FD FG1. Also found a conventional channel listed as 160.5450 - Tone 182.2 which is listed as the foreground repeater.

I've added both those channels just to see if I get anything the next time they direct Fireground channel use.

Stewj

Stewj

Premium Subscriber
I tried doing a FCC search for Warwick FD using various keywords, couldn't find a license for any conventional 800 frequencies for the city. Maybe it is something ties in with the RISCON licenses?

Izzy,
I am receiving Warwick FD traffic on RISCON TGID 1162 (published channel) and 1170 (unpublished on RR). I'm not sure if they have more TGID's in their range that just haven't made it yet to the published list.

I suspect, but haven't yet confirmed, that they are referring to the RISCON channel as "the 800"

Stewj

Nascar18

Premium Subscriber
The best thing to do is have a "wildcard" programmed in the Riscon TG. Leave it locked out and when you hear the fireground channel again unlocked the wildcard and let it scan Riscon and see what you hear. That is how most of the TG have been found. There is no public list. Good luck.

Stewj

Premium Subscriber
The best thing to do is have a "wildcard" programmed in the Riscon TG. Leave it locked out and when you hear the fireground channel again unlocked the wildcard and let it scan Riscon and see what you hear. That is how most of the TG have been found. There is no public list. Good luck.

Interesting.... But, as with most good suggestions, comes a question or two...

I like your suggestion and it really makes sense. Question though is how is a TGID "wildcard" programmed?

Thanks,
Stewj

bgav

To scan all talkgroups on a system, use "ID search" on Uniden scanners, and "Wildcard" on GRE/Whistler scanners.

Stewj

Premium Subscriber
What scanner do you have? I know with Whistler you can.

I have the BCD436HP and I knew about the ability to turn on ID Search but that just seems to jam things up a bit. So I sort of went the long way around and setup a third favorite list and loaded the entire RISCON then put all known departments on Avoid and turned on ID Search. Now I can scan that otherwise empty FL and it stops on all the unknown and unidentified TGID's. I turn it on only when a department moves to a FG channel so I can search for it if I don't have it already. Like I said, sort of a long way around a problem but it seems to be working for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.