Problem with SRRCS on a BC898T

Status
Not open for further replies.

leitung

Premium Subscriber
Been using a BC898T to monitior SRRCS for a while, after roseville rebanded I could pick them up fine, now that sacramento has rebanded I am picking up mutiple control channels when I program the county system.. I triend just programming in the whole thing anyway, and it fails to pick up the trunking.
I am hearing the control channel noises on:

Make control channel noise but not marked as one:

The actual marked control channel that makes noise:

Note I heard them all at the same time

Plus 853.26250 auto corrects on my scanner to 853.2650 (It picks up chatter so I dunno)

I programmed the new frequencies accoring to the RR database, so what am I doing wrong?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Been using a BC898T to monitior SRRCS for a while, after roseville rebanded I could pick them up fine, now that sacramento has rebanded I am picking up mutiple control channels when I program the county system.. I triend just programming in the whole thing anyway, and it fails to pick up the trunking.
Works great for me. We had a lot of people show up at our meeting Saturday to get their Unidens programmed. Sorry you missed it.

I am hearing the control channel noises on:
Make control channel noise but not marked as one:
They are NOT control channels. They are most likely digital transmissions. There are some digital TGs on the system. If you listen to an active control channel (presently 853.850) and then listen closely to what you hear on the above frequencies, you will note there is quite a difference in the sound.

The actual marked control channel that makes noise:
Yup, that's it 10/26 @ 18:06.

Plus 853.26250 auto corrects on my scanner to 853.2650 (It picks up chatter so I dunno)
853.2650 is the correct frequency.

I programmed the new frequencies accoring to the RR database, so what am I doing wrong?
What band plan did you use? Do you have the latest firmware version? SacScan had to delete the systems and re-enter them to get it to auto find the bandplan. Apparently editing them does not work (not sure of exact scanner model that was on, but it was a Uniden).

leitung

Premium Subscriber
Okay cool, good info.. It's still not picking them up and grouping them into talk groups though.. The last time I updated the firmware was when the rebaning update came out, I dont know if it has a newer one out. Pardon the rookie question, but what do you mean by bandplan?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
First of all, there is an entire thread on the Sacramento system (SRRCS) and the rebanding of it. Go here.

Next, go here for the page on your radio and you'll see where it discusses rebanding and the firmware version you need. If you have it, great.

The band plan is what tells the scanner the trunked system has been rebanded (or not). Here is one someone posted.

sacscan

What band plan did you use? Do you have the latest firmware version? SacScan had to delete the systems and re-enter them to get it to auto find the bandplan. Apparently editing them does not work (not sure of exact scanner model that was on, but it was a Uniden).
On the BC898T, all you have to do is change the frequencies to the 4 rebanded control channels (for each site) and change the system to "CUS" (custom), then enter the bandplans. Be sure to set "CC ONLY" to "ON".

The scanners that I had to delete and reprogram were the BCD396T, BC246T, and BR330T.

leitung

Premium Subscriber
Okay I removed all but the control channels in the bank, when I go to set CC-only, it has options for PL-1, pl-2, pl-3, pl-4. Then when I try to scan it, it just shows a bunch of blank line, stop on the Control channel thats active, then move onto the second bank when I hit scan then back around again

sacscan

You don't have the latest firmware then. The rebanding update is the latest firmware, and it only has options for on and off, not the cc plans.

leitung

Premium Subscriber
Okay good to know, I will try and find my cable and get the firmware update in it asap. I let you know how that goes.

leitung

Premium Subscriber
Okay I got it updated, but the issue is now that it still won't monitor the talk groups I WANT, on CC-only it monitors everything. I tried setting it up the other way with all the freqs, but it wont work.

sacscan

Make sure you have the scanner in scan mode, not search. Program in a few talkgroups and hit "scan". You should only hear the traffic from the tgids you programmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.