Galt police

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD6RRR

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone tell me with certainty exactly which radio system Galt PD uses for communications? I set up a friend with an analog scanner two months ago with the UHF conventional frequencies from the database, and he said he never heard a thing.

I now have set up a digital truck tracker for him, with rebanding properly setup, and he hears the Sheriff and fire traffic clearly, but says he hasn't heard anything from the Galt PD talkgroups I have programmed from the database.

Anyone tell me for sure which he should be monitoring?

Thank you for your help!

jeremyphoto23

Galt PD is on the 800 SRRCS (Found under Sac County). They still have their UHF freqs, and to my knowledge still had them patched until they replaced all of their UHF radios with 800 MHz radios.

KD6RRR

Premium Subscriber
OK thank you! I'm sure it's just something I goofed up on the programming, but I wanted to at least be sure I wasn't trying to help him receive something that wasn't there in the first place.

KD6RRR

Premium Subscriber
Yup it was my fault. To program his I had cloned mine to it, so the custom tables for the rebanding would be set, and apparently I had the talk group ID number for Galt's dispatch locked out.
Thank you again!

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Galt pd

I am monitoring them daily .. and always find them on SRRCS TG 45136 but have also found them simulcasting on their UHF frequency.

darutter

Premium Subscriber
It appears that Galt PD has made the move to SRRCS and is not using their UHF frequencies. Since January 2, there has been no traffic on 460.15 at all. Their trunked channels are busy with the usual traffic.

Slightly OT, radio service is testing on the Galt Parks and Rec frequency and it appears they will move that operation from VHF to the trunked system as well in the near future.

darutter

Premium Subscriber
Just a quick update to Galt PD. One of the radio officers indicated that the 460 MHz repeater had died and was currently awaiting radio repair to get it back into service. The plan is to return to 460.150 as their primary dispatch channel as soon as the repeater is back in service. They began repairs last week and hope to have it back on the air soon. In the meantime they will be stuck on the trunked system. They will simulcast again in the future.

jeremyphoto23

Just a quick update to Galt PD. One of the radio officers indicated that the 460 MHz repeater had died and was currently awaiting radio repair to get it back into service. The plan is to return to 460.150 as their primary dispatch channel as soon as the repeater is back in service. They began repairs last week and hope to have it back on the air soon. In the meantime they will be stuck on the trunked system. They will simulcast again in the future.

It actually didn't die, the repeater they used was not able to be narrowbanded, but were able to acquire one that is. That is the reason they pulled it off the air on Jan 1 to avoid FCC attention. They will be using SRRCS as their primary system, and keep the 460 on the air for use with San Joaquin County agencies and to extend the life of some of their UHF radios They, as well as each other SRRCS agency, are going to start purchasing P25 capable radios if they don't currently have any in planning for the future P25 migration.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

X

xts3000r

so are you saying the a true p25 system could be on the way for the srrcs?

darutter

Premium Subscriber
Effective as of approximately 1800 on 5/2/13, the 460.150 repeater went back on the air. Now NBFM. Normal dispatch traffic. Continues to simulcast on SCRRS as before.

X

xts3000r

why would they do that. they should stay on the trs. they should have been p25

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Galt

I monitor them both ways. UHF works just fine. SRRCS enables multi-agency interoperability within the county. UHF might work better for San Joaquin county if they ever needed help from them. Lots of (bad) things going on there recently for such a small town.

darutter

Premium Subscriber
Yes, they do have some P25 capable radios. However, there are no immediate plans to implement them. The 460 repeater is P25 capable and will probably change over if/when the county system goes to P25.

Sac916

Anybody know if Galt PD is still using their UHF system? Is it patched with their SRRCS traffic?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Galt PD

Yes they are. I routinely pick them up on the city site, county site and their UHF frequency, sometimes all at once (3 scanners). It always makes me laugh since they are such a small place using so much radio spectrum for a single channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.