Sac city fire question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sac916

You can monitor B6 on Site 1 via Talk Group 47664

B6 and other tac channels, are only used for "larger' scale or incidents requiring a lot of communication/coordination

Thanks for the quick reply I was listening earlier this morning and they were assigned to B6 and I wasn't getting any traffic from it I will keep listening and hopefully will get something thanks again for the quick reply

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Sacramento Fire B6

You should take note that there are actually TWO B6s. One is labeled "B6 Patch" and that's where I usually hear most B6 traffic. Program in both TGs (they have different TGRP codes) to make sure you receive the traffic.

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
You should take note that there are actually TWO B6s. One is labeled "B6 Patch" and that's where I usually hear most B6 traffic. Program in both TGs (they have different TGRP codes) to make sure you receive the traffic.

47664 took it's place

I know it was removed I was referencing the above message saying add both talk groups. He can't since it not in the database.

Still not getting Sacramento City fire tac channels

I am using the uniden bcd396xt I am getting the dispatch but not getting B2 or any tac channels is anyone using this scanner having this problem? Please if anyone help me solve this issue the help would be much appreciated.

Sac916

I just heard traffic twice on B2 Site 1 on my 396XT ...and again while typing this (from downtown ). TG 59280

Sent from my Android via Tapatalk app

Sac916

I know the band plan is buried in the threads. Maybe in the rebranding thread. Anyways I will have to look at my setup via FreeScan to see it.

It is not uncommon to miss traffic on a scanner .. But you should be getting something. I've got 100% signal on site 1 and hearing "most" B2 traffic on the scanner.

Sent from my Android via Tapatalk app

Sac916

My settings:
Control Channel = Only
APCO Mode Auto
Threshold = 8
State = Off
Hold Time = 0
Modulation = Auto
P25 Wait Time = 400
Motorola Type II / P25

Here is my bandplan

8Cq8FBR.jpg

Sac916

If you use FreeScan, I can send you a file to see if that works -

I actually do not have access to a computer when I programmed it I did it manually maybe I should just clear the memory and retry to reprogram it again

Last edited:
Also when I reprogram it do u think I should put the sites frequencies together or should I just be able to use site one for city and and site 2 for all the county

kma371

QRT
Also when I reprogram it do u think I should put the sites frequencies together or should I just be able to use site one for city and and site 2 for all the county

Set them up as different sites because they are different.

What firmware is your scanner using? This sounds like a band plan issue.

Sac916

I'm running Running firmware 1.08.14

Here is how I have mine set Fire Systems set up --

http://i.imgur.com/f2hruIE.jpg

Keep Site 1 and Site 2 separate - Do not mix frequencies
You do not want 2 control channels running on one system

I think I might have said it earlier, but be sure to monitor Site 1 if you want to hear all/most of Fire B2 radio traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.