SacramentoRgnalIR (Mot II /P25) SO Helicopter Qustion

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilot2

I have the above System programmed into my BCD996P2 as a download from RR using Freescan.

One of the groups is PublicSafetyAirO Smart 1-4. Is this in fact the Sac Sheriff Helicopter (Star)?
I get no activity on the 4 listed channels

I also have CHP SacramentoDispCe programmed in as a conventional.

Is the Sac. Sheriff Helicopter (Star) and the CHP Helicopter contained within these groups. On what frequency / TGID do you commonly hear the air units?

Thanks in advance for the help.

kma371

QRT
I have the above System programmed into my BCD996P2 as a download from RR using Freescan.

One of the groups is PublicSafetyAirO Smart 1-4. Is this in fact the Sac Sheriff Helicopter (Star)?
I get no activity on the 4 listed channels

I also have CHP SacramentoDispCe programmed in as a conventional.

Is the Sac. Sheriff Helicopter (Star) and the CHP Helicopter contained within these groups. On what frequency / TGID do you commonly hear the air units?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Those are mainly interops and don't get much use. They pretty much just talk on the dispatch channel for the area they are in.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Sacramento Regional Radio Communications System (SRRCS)

It's hard to follow your channel names with the abbreviations.

STAR is often heard on whatever channel it is needed on. The TG on the analog Sacramento systems for CHP has never gotten a hit on it on any of my scanners.

CHP can be found on their low band channels. I program both BASE and MOBILE for GOLD, BLACK, BLUE (and GREEN for adjacent counties).

mkewman

Honestly, the best listening for Airships in Sacramento is the dispatch channels for each agency, and the Helicopter Air-To-Air (Airband) frequency, which I used to know by heart but eludes me at the moment. It's in the database.

I've been running Unitrunker on SRRCS for years and have never seen a hit other than maybe a radio tech on those talk groups. I would be surprised if they're even in the Air ship's codeplug for the radios.

2k1typeSH

Premium Subscriber
I've never heard any traffic on those "SMART" 1 thru 4 channels either.

Try monitoring the "Metro Traffic" channel for air-air communications between police air units. The frequency is 132.125 AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.