VLaw Radio Traffic in Folsom/ East Sac Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColinHartigan

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what LE agency or agencies are using these frequencies. I was picking up a good deal of traffic obviously LE today and yesterday since programing it in. Its a National Public Safety Interoperability frequency which to my understanding is the same as the VFire frequencies which El Dorado County Fire uses for their incident tac frequencies since they have a mixture of small fire departments and county fire departments dispatched by CalFire. So then am I right in saying that this is just a tactical frequency being used by a local LE agency? Or multiple LE agencies located close together to talk to each other.

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
If it's VLAW32 (155.4825) you're talking about, then the traffic you're likely hearing is bleedover from Solano County Sheriff Ch. 1 (155.4900).

In my scanner I have the Solano SO1 CTCSS code of 107.2 as a tone lockout on VLAW32. Or you can program 156.7 into VLAW32 so it only opens on that tone. 156.7 is the recommended tone anyway for interoperability. VLAW32 is the only channel I have a tone locked out/programmed,otherwise I leave the interoperability channels as CSQ (tone search) just in case.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Whenever I pick up traffic on VLAW it could be just about anyone. For example two different agencies working together on a case.

PrivatelyJeff

Has more money than sense
Premium Subscriber
Whenever I pick up traffic on VLAW it could be just about anyone. For example two different agencies working together on a case.

Or just even officers cruising through. Recently, on one of the interops I heard a couple discussing where they were going to stop and take a leak and get some snacks.

ColinHartigan

Premium Subscriber
If it's VLAW32 (155.4825) you're talking about, then the traffic you're likely hearing is bleedover from Solano County Sheriff Ch. 1 (155.4900).

In my scanner I have the Solano SO1 CTCSS code of 107.2 as a tone lockout on VLAW32. Or you can program 156.7 into VLAW32 so it only opens on that tone. 156.7 is the recommended tone anyway for interoperability. VLAW32 is the only channel I have a tone locked out/programmed,otherwise I leave the interoperability channels as CSQ (tone search) just in case.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hey Michael. Thank you, it is VLAW 32 on CTCSS 107.2. So I am hearing Solano County Sheriff. Thank you much for the information.

Colin.

Status
Not open for further replies.