451.465 Mhz near Patterson,CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

alok

I am hearing a ride service on 451.465 Mhz ,does anybody know name of ride service and who operates the radio frequency they are using ?
Mentions many streets ,pick-ups ,etc in Patterson,CA.
Signal is in the clear and only thing on frequency.
I can't find anything listed for this frequency in this area ?

Al

ecps92

451.4650 would not be a valid US Frequency.

Try the 3 selections below

If you are using a Scanner, looks like your band plan is off

I am hearing a ride service on 451.465 Mhz ,does anybody know name of ride service and who operates the radio frequency they are using ?
Mentions many streets ,pick-ups ,etc in Patterson,CA.
Signal is in the clear and only thing on frequency.
I can't find anything listed for this frequency in this area ?

Al

alok

update - 451.4625 Mhz in Modesto ,CA area

Yes ,it is 451.4625 ,it seems like might be a trunked system. I'm new to this but it seems I occasionally hear an "engine knocking sound " on the frequency every so often. Like a trunked system ?
By the way I am not using a fancy scanner ,I have a hand-held ham radio HT I am hearing this stuff on.

The only thing on this frequency seems to be this ride service and the occasional " engine knocking sound " It sounds like they are located in Modesto. I hear the entire transmissions ,like it is not jumping to other channels or frequencies.

I looked up the trunked services for Stanislaus County here on Radio-Reference and did not find this frequency listed anywhere in any of them unless I'm doing this wrong ?
Looked up individual services in the county on Radio-References ,nothing.

Al

ipfd320

Banned
License Search - Search Results

There are 220 *(22 pages of 10)* --for this Frequency in the State of California---the Link I Posted Brings You to a BS Search with no Results Found---Use the Advanced Search Option (which that is Supposed to be when I copied and Pasted)

Last edited:

alok

OK,on location

Thanks for the info,I see that the transmission site was no where in Stanislaus County ( Modesto area ) but it was in Tuolumne County ,on Mt. Elizabeth.

I guess they want far coverage ,what was confusing me was most of the "ride" calls went to/from Patterson , west of Modesto ... Elizabeth Peak is way east ... east of Modesto & Sonora.

Is there anyway to find out the name of the business ,it simply says Private Transports. From what I heard it sounded like only one transport business all the time.

again thank you,

Al

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Sometimes a radio site on the other side of a valley can cover better. It's easier to get into the little canyons up the west side of the valley.

There are really only a couple of options to figure out who it is:
Call Rays Radio and ask. Probably not going to tell a stranger on the phone.
Listen and see if they say anything that identifies them.
Be in the right location at the right time and see/hear a call being made.

This sort of stuff isn't part of the FCC license data. Rays Radio Inc is the company holding the license for the trunked radio system linked to above. Who they put on there is their business.

Status
Not open for further replies.