CHP Truckee Communications moving to Chico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emoney250

CHP Chico just opened their BRAND NEW location in south Chico. from what I can see off 99 (just north of Southgate Rd on the east side of the road), it's pretty huge. I'm sure it was designed to hold other dispatch centers. I'd venture to guess the Truckee Dispatch will still operate on their own channel?

markclark

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, the old Truckee dispatch areas (3) will need to stay on the Gray because of the traffic load.

After finding that article in the first post, I found another article that said Sacramento will take over dispatch on the Gray. That makes more sense than Chico taking over dispatch. We'll have to wait and see.

SimpleSkye

CHP Chico just opened their BRAND NEW location in south Chico. from what I can see off 99 (just north of Southgate Rd on the east side of the road), it's pretty huge. I'm sure it was designed to hold other dispatch centers. I'd venture to guess the Truckee Dispatch will still operate on their own channel?

I was in it while it was being built - I think they have something like 15 dispatch positions. It has a lot going on.

markclark

Premium Subscriber
Chico is now dispatching on the Gray channel.. It seems that Sacramento should assume that duty, but that's your government at work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.