Alpine County search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norman

I've been hearing traffic on Clemars (154.92) for several days now regarding the search in Alpine County
for that missing hiker. Sounds like the CAP and CANG are involved along with others.
Call signs High Bird, CAP 404 and the one for the NG, maybe Raven? I forget, have heard it before.
Also hearing on a couple of other frequencies which I did not catch.
The search has been ongoing for quite some time now, hope he is hunkered down somewhere waiting
to be found.

Norman

Thanks for that info Mark. I see Clemars is now Calaw1. I also heard Air S&R 123.1, CHP Gray and Calcord being used. Nothing heard today.

Norman

Update, not good:

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The body of an Elk Grove hiker missing in the Sierra has been found at the base of a cliff, the Alpine County Sheriff’s Office said on Sunday.

The search for Bradford Dozier, 55, ended on Saturday after nearly a week when his body was found. Investigators say he was trying to free climb terrain and fell about 200 feet to his death.

quasi888

I'm with Placer County SAR. We had some of our members help out with the search, and I nearly went up myself on Saturday. I kinda doubt he was actually "free climbing" in the traditional sense; probably rock scrambling on loose technical terrain and lost his footing and tumbled. So sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.