FS: Beware of ZON from Ontario Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

freqhunter

Premium Subscriber
Beware of ZON from Elliot Lake Ontario Canada, razzzer@sympatico.ca .

He agreed to purchase a Pro-96 from me. Called and emailed me repeatedly and asked me to ship it to him. I told him I would ship it as soon as I received payment. He said that a Canadian money order had been sent with tracking number and asked me to ship it again. It has been several weeks as well as many emails, un-answered calls & IM’s. Still no funds. He even went as far as saying he would call the post office to have the funds tracked.

Several times he used another RR member as a reference, NOVA1010.

“Ill get this MO out ASAP and get you a Tracker #”

“Ok , Im off to the PO I have yer addey and youll get an Express Package From Canada Post with a MO inside for $260.00 USD .”

“Thanx once again ! you did live up to the decent guy reputation NOVA1010 told me..thx”

nova1010

Well I have delt with Zon a few time with no problems ,I did tell him you have sold on here before and had good feedback.

If theres anything I can do to help ask.

nova1010

Thanks Nova1010.

I have not lost anything on the deal. But I sure would be mad if I had sent my Pro-96 to him!

Well thats a releif I thought you mailed the radio to him,I have also been trying to contact him through PM's

Besides it shouldnt take that long for a MO to reach the US,mailed many myself.

unlisted

Canada Post is on a Retard strike that is widely unknown at this time... I mailed an item 3 weeks ago about a 2 hour drive, and it arrived 2 weeks late.. (it was a express shipment also)

Not trying to defend anyone here, just wanted to make all aware that Canada Post is having issues..

PSAC Negotiations – Latest Update
December 15, 2008
Statement by Canada Post regarding ratification vote process and results

After receiving complaints from employees about notification of voting and voting procedures, Canada Post will ask the Canada Industrial Relations Board (CIRB) to review the ratification vote held by the Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC). The ratification vote was for acceptance of the tentative agreement reached with Canada Post on Friday, December 12th. Of concern is the fact that the PSAC failed to comply with the signed Memorandum of Settlement, in which they agreed to put the corporation's final offer to a vote by its members.

Employees have complained of inconsistent communications from the union related to vote times and locations; some employees received phone calls notifying them of vote times and locations, others did not. Employees attending the meetings were refused the right to vote; employees reported that union representatives isolated those who crossed picket lines, calling them "scabs", and encouraged other members to do the same.

The union has announced that members who did vote rejected a tentative agreement that had been reached Friday night with the assistance of a mediator. Canada Post will be asking the CIRB to review all aspects surrounding the voting.

The Union has stated that the main point of contention is Canada Post's attempt to introduce a Short Term Disability Program. Canada Post believes that the Short Term Disability program would provide coverage to all employees when they most need it. The Corporation maintains the need to introduce changes including the Short Term Disability Program to protect the long-term viability of benefits for all employees and the company as a whole. The offer presented to employees contained significant wage increases, a signing bonus and a one-time payment to recognize employees for good attendance.

The Union of Postal Communications Employees (UPCE), represented by PSAC, have been on strike since November 17th. The 2,100 members are predominantly administrative and technical employees and do not handle the mail. Canada Post has been successfully moving the mail throughout the strike, using any means necessary, including injunctions and court-ordered protocols when required. The November lettermail service performance results, as calculated by IBM, indicate clearly that Canada Post continues to meet its service standards.

While Canada Post awaits word from the union on their availability to resume talks, hundreds of employees represented by PSAC have already chosen to cross the picket line and return to work. Canada Post will continue to welcome all of its employees back to work.

http://www.canadapost.ca/AboutUs/News/Announcements/PSAC.aspx

nova1010

Canada Post is on a Retard strike that is widely unknown at this time... I mailed an item 3 weeks ago about a 2 hour drive, and it arrived 2 weeks late.. (it was a express shipment also)

Not trying to defend anyone here, just wanted to make all aware that Canada Post is having issues..

http://www.canadapost.ca/AboutUs/News/Announcements/PSAC.aspx

Well Canadapost seems to be working fine where I am I sent a radio within Ontario last Friday and my buddy received it yesterday.(expidited)

unlisted

Like I said Nova, I have no idea who this buyer/seller are/was, I'm just letting persons know Canada Post is having issues.. Personally, I have had major mail delivery/shipping issues since this whole "strike" started...

Some workers have crossed the picket line, mine, has not. Try calling customer service.. They are basically non existent now..

lugoffman

I mailed a factory antenna to Balou to canada and they sent it back I also sold him a digital scanner he got it like a month later I think , but balou was a good buyer and was very calm about the deal but for some reason they keep sending the antenna back to me somthing might be wrong wth the mail system with customs due to the hollidays

freqhunter

Premium Subscriber
Please Read!

I received correspondence yesterday from ZON.

ZON explained in detail, and apologized, why he could not complete the transaction for my Pro-96.

His reasons are absolutely acceptable and considering their merit he certainly owes no apology. I hope he accepts my apology for marring his name in this forum.

I hope this returns ZON’s good name to Radio Reference. I certainly would do business with him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.