Austinscannerguy (andycass@gmail.com) - looking for background info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audiodave1

Database Admin
At this point I cannot recommend this seller.
11 days after payment was received no antenna and no communication. Has not returned emails or a phone call.

Standing by....
Dave

Audiodave1

Database Admin
This is not looking good despite an email a few days ago indicating it was shipped and should have arrived. Cell phone# is going straight to VM.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Folks, if you have been ripped off by this guy, please contact your local law enforcement and have them send us a subpoena for his information.

We have all name/address details for premium subscribers - based on their credit card payments, but I cannot give this information out unless I receive a court order or subpoena.

Thanks,

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Further on this. Austinscannerguy is a long time paid member - so I'm not sure what is going on here. This might be a case of someone that is having some personal problems and cannot address the sales. Or, it might be a fraud.

Like I said about - if he drops off the face of this earth and doesn't respond please get a subpoena for his information.

jland138

Since you can't tell us, here is the information I have.

Andy Cass
<removed>

If you know that this is NOT true, it would be helpful in filing reports.

Last edited by a moderator:

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Please don't post full personal information in public. If you want to discuss that information with Lindsay contact him privately. Since we do not know exactly what's happening yet I'm not going to allow address and phone number information.

jland138

Sure, will do.

It makes me a little uncomfortable knowing that RR has a business relationship with this individual, but I'll take it offline with Lindsay. Unfortunately, Lindsay's account doesn't accept PM's. What's the most effective way to contact him?

Last edited:

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Sure, will do.

It makes me a little uncomfortable knowing that RR has a business relationship with this individual, but I'll take it offline with Lindsay. Unfortunately, Lindsay's account doesn't accept PM's. What's the most effective way to contact him?

That was the point of making the classifieds premium only... Because if something like this were to happen, there would be a paper trail attached to the person. Its not that RR has a business relationship with this person, but rather this person purchases a service from radioreference, and it ends there.

Just over a year ago the classifieds were hit hard with theives and scammers. There was nothing that could be done except give IP information to the authorities under subpoena. Now Radioreference has that users credit card information on file along with IP addresses.

As Lindsay stated, This is a long time member. While there have been instances where long time members just began scamming people, it has happened very few times.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Jason, great job making this point succinct and on target.

Just to follow on to Jason's point....

Please understand that we cannot give out information on a member of this community without a court order or subpoena. There are no exceptions to this rule.

If you are participating in a buy/sell transactions on our classifieds platform - you do so at your own risk.

But, since the classified postings are only allowed for premium subscribers, we can provide law enforcement detailed information on a participant in the classifieds (not credit card #'s, but names, addresses, etc).

Now, a stolen credit card could be used to sign up for a premium subscription, and it is very very rare that happens here, but understand that could possibly occur.

Remember, in any online transaction - first and foremost is the rule of "buyer beware." Look around, check sources at your disposal.

And finally, don't forget that "shi*t happens" - there are instances during transactions where email accounts get discontinued, people have medical/personal problems, or countless other things that otherwise would result in a successful transaction, cause a major problem for one party.

Roll with it, look out for it, and adjust accordingly.

mrscanner2008

Premium Subscriber
beware of andy cass ( andycass@gmail.com)

I saw an ad on RR about 2 stridsberg multicoupler on august 17, and i decided to bought them 2. After waiting 2 months to received them, 1 of them is defect, I tried to contact the seller many many time since, but no response from him.

After contacting stridsberg directly, its appear that the multi-coupler is a counterfeit version and the company refuse to exchange them.

so be aware : don't buy anything from andy cass

Mrscanner2008

mrscanner2008

Premium Subscriber
I don`t remember the username he used to post the ad, but his email address is andycass@gmail.com.

after I bought his multicoupler, he deleted the ad. And since then, no more communication with him.

I've search the forum for feedback, but found nothing.

Beware

Northerner71

Austinscannerguy sounds exactly like the idiot I got ripped off by, his name was Iowascannerguy, coincidence????/ If this is the guy than good, I hope he keeps ripping people off because I have a few copper friends and my buddy Gary with the FBI looking for this guy. So if he rips you off call the cops they want this guy. He ripped me off $500 and I know of two others that have been hit, one $1200 and the other $2700.

Status
Not open for further replies.