East_Algoma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
I bought a Motorola CDM1250 VHF radio from East_Algoma we made a deal on Friday Night paid him that night after a bit of stupidity. But we agreed on a few things.

The Radio would be shipped out on Saturday
Via Xpresspost (Canada Post)
2 things he had to ship me, the radio and the mount

In our exchange of emails i reminded him 7 times Please Do NOT forget to pack the mount, radio would be useless without it as i want to mount in my car. He always replied NP and finally said it was all packed up including the mount.

Saturday passed and his excuses was the post off was closed in Elliot Lake I called the Shoppers Drug Mart and they were in fact open (postal outlet) till 8pm Saturday and Sunday.

Why did i call the post office? I work for Canada Post, our agreement with Shoppers is the Postal outlet must be open 7 days a week and in most cases till 8pm or the actual store closes. Holidays are a exception.

He said he would try and get it out Sunday and email me a tracking number. Monday night came and Nothing. I didn't really care if it was shipped Saturday or Monday but be a man of your word.

I emailed him Monday night, his reply was i shipped it but left the tracking number in the truck I would email the tracking number Tuesday and he did, after he shipped it on Tuesday at 17:38pm . Next i got the email with the tracking number (TY) and looked and it was sent as a regular parcel Not Xpresspost which i paid for.

Needless to say, the package finally got to me on Friday, and why this didn't surprise me is another issue. No Mount!

Now i know some will say go buy another mount, yes i will have to do that, because relying on this guy is not going to happen. But being its a Motorola part it will be pricey i believe at Lakeshore Electronics they will hit me for the mount $35 + taxes for something i already paid for.

Bottom Line, do not deal with this guy, he is a Idiot IMHO :roll:

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
A update i have found a mount online and with taxes and shipping its $30.. Still not happy i have to do this.. If Roger wishes to correct this he can refund me the $30 for the mount.. But I am not holding my breath..

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
No I never heard from him again, he did try and deal with a friend of mine and i told him not to.. Not Trustworthy IMHO...

Status
Not open for further replies.