BC396XLT in Escondido

Status
Not open for further replies.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
My son lives in Escondido and has a 396XLT and I was wondering if he can follow the Escondido public safety system out there. Restrictions or encryptions? Planning another visit soon and I planned to program his radio for him. Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

JD
kf4anc

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Yes, he can. RCS North Cell (has NOT gone through rebanding, and the new channels are not yet cast in concrete). Set up the Escondido PD talkgroups (some may be encrypted), the North LE Mutual Aid TGs + Blue 1, and the Northcom and Escondido Fire talkgroups.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Great, K6CDO, I will check out the system and program it into my TRX-1 for when I get there, then go from there - thanks!

JD
kf4anc

KI6AOK

Premium Subscriber
EPD talkgroups are in the clear. However, I have heard encryption used by field units on some of the Tac channels and on Inquiry. Not much, but it’s there.

Laura

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Thank you, Laura. Yeah we have about the same here in Ohio. A few t Law Tac channels are encrypted but the main PD dispatch channels on the Ohio Marcs IP are in the clear. When I was out there in August I did not have a scanner with me (I was afraid to fly with one) and I see he hardly picks up the 396XLT that I bought him so I am trying to get some interest going here hah ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.