ASTREA ATC term help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike619

I listen to Gillespie tower and I hear ASTREA orbiting an area and then they say finished off station departing to the south etc what do they mean when they say finished off station is that a new training area or something?

nick0909

Antenna flicker
Feed Provider
When a helicopter, or any unit really, reports as being "on station" they just mean loitering in one area for a reason. They will report where they are and that they are on station, meaning they are staying there. Once they are done they are "off station" and back to flying around. The location isn't a defined place, it just means you aren't going to be moving from where you are when you call it out.

Cerbium

I've been seeing ASTREA orbiting the south east corner of El Cajon multiple times a day the last few days, I believe I heard them say they were doing some pilot training.

mike619

I have been seeing the helicopter N535WK orbiting in the center part of El Cajon twice in the last two days not looking for anyone just orbiting so they are training?

Cerbium

From what I've seen and heard im pretty sure its just training, there's usually another ASTREA ship up when N535WK is doing its thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.