North Comm 3A stuck mike?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KI6AOK

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know what’s going on with North Comm 3A today? Constant squelch breaks for the past 30 minutes and continuing. 3A appears to be patched with 4A, which is doing the same thing.

jim202

Anyone know what’s going on with North Comm 3A today? Constant squelch breaks for the past 30 minutes and continuing. 3A appears to be patched with 4A, which is doing the same thing.

You didn't mention if this is a trunking system or not to those of us are not familiar with the system. But if it is, the dispatch consoles should show who the offending radio causing the problem is. someone in the dispatch center should be able to contact the person with that radio.

This is just another reason to enable the time out timer in all radios on a system. Doesn't matter if it is a convention system or a trunked system. The timer will shut down the stuck in transmit radio and release the system for use.

KI6AOK

Premium Subscriber
Hi, Jim:

It’s the San Diego County RCS trunked system. The dispatcher has tried to hail the offending radio, but the problem continues.

KI6AOK

Premium Subscriber
Hi, Don:

No, sorry, I didn't. The stuck mike lasted well over an hour, though North Comm was able to transmit over it.

~ Laura

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I heard it from 5AMish on...it was a repetitive kerchunk sound, at around 1 second interval, that kept the talkgroup locked up constantly. The kerchunk sounded like a quick key on a repeater that isn't long enough to activate the reverse burst TOC. It sounded like a system issue to me, as the intervals were to quick and evenly spaces.

Paul

KI6AOK

Premium Subscriber
I have heard this problem on 3A before, though only briefly, over the past few weeks.

Back when I started in 2 way in 83 at Gifford engineering we had a customer whose system was CSQ.
The system got co channel traffic from LA that drove the dispatcher nuts, so she put a dictionary on the desk mic PTT switch to preserve her sanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.