SD RCS North Cell

Status
Not open for further replies.

donrob36

Did North Cell get rebanded or is it still 800 Splinter I used to be able to pick it up not hearing anything Im in Lakeside

TY Don

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Won't be rebanded for a couple of months, yet (still have Mexico blocks holding up the show).

chasb

Premium Subscriber
Once Mexico blocks are taken care of. Will we get a standard rebanded scheme of 851XXXX-854XXXX 12.5 spacing?
Both Uniden 796D's have undergone firmware upgrades. I think you did mention the North would be one of the last to change over.

Thanks,

Chasb

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Once Mexico blocks are taken care of. Will we get a standard rebanded scheme of 851XXXX-854XXXX 12.5 spacing?
Both Uniden 796D's have undergone firmware upgrades. I think you did mention the North would be one of the last to change over.

Thanks,

Chasb

The North Cell will get standard 12.5 kHz channels in the 854.xxxx to 857.25xx range (known as the 'interleave' portion of the band, because the channels are a mix of public safety and business / industrial users).

Don

chasb

Premium Subscriber
Yes, very helpful info. Nice to be ahead of the game.
Currently beta testing the NE Zone, however need to go mobile to gain access to the CTL channel. Will be nice when the North system finally gets rebanded.

Thank you for your time,

Chasb

chasb

Premium Subscriber
Do we have a new target date for rebanding the North System?

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Not yet, other than later this summer.
There are 3 other licensees that have to be coordinated with on this move.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Don, when you say 12.5kHz channels, do you mean bandwidth or channel spacing? I assume channel spacing only.

Paul

chasb

Premium Subscriber
RCS North Rebanding

Not quite understanding why the North system gets assigned the Interlieve portion of the 800 spectrum as opposed to the 851-854 segment assigned to the other sites.

Thanks for the update on the target date for RCS North.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Not quite understanding why the North system gets assigned the Interlieve portion of the 800 spectrum as opposed to the 851-854 segment assigned to the other sites.

Thanks for the update on the target date for RCS North.

Liked the City's system, the North Cell has been interleave since construction. The NPSPAC segment (851-854 MHz is where the former 866-869 MHz channels relocated to.

A number of the IR sites are also Interleave.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
The North Cell is now scheduled for retuning in mid-August. The new channels are up in the RR DB. Control Channels are 854.8125, 855.1125, 855.8625, and 856.9125.

chasb

Premium Subscriber
So Primary CC 853.1500 will be replace with 854.8125 and 855.1125, 855.8625 and 856.9125 as secondary CC's. 25 KHz spacing.
Thanks for the update Don.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
If I understand correctly from another random RR post, the system will spit out a status bit for rebanding in progress prior to the switchover, and at that point, the new/custom/rebanded bandplan will work with the current 863.15 CC and seamlessly continue to work when the reband happens? this is how it happened on the South site.

Paul

chasb

Premium Subscriber
Will take this into consideration and is good to know. I'm sure in time they will finalize the retuning for the permanent system and 863.1500 will go away. I'm hearing August time frame.

Thanks

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
If I understand correctly from another random RR post, the system will spit out a status bit for rebanding in progress prior to the switchover, and at that point, the new/custom/rebanded bandplan will work with the current 863.15 CC and seamlessly continue to work when the reband happens? this is how it happened on the South site.

Paul

Actually, no. Without getting into the very dry technical reason, we will turn off half of the channels and retune them, then turn them back on while shutting of the remaining channels and retuning them.

I'm working with user groups to reduce the traffic on the cell during the process.

Don

scottyhetzel

Actually, no. Without getting into the very dry technical reason, we will turn off half of the channels and retune them, then turn them back on while shutting of the remaining channels and retuning them.

I'm working with user groups to reduce the traffic on the cell during the process.

Don

Basically draining half the oil while the truck is running ...adding oil. Draining again... than topping off.
All while not taking the truck out of service.

Status
Not open for further replies.