San Diego County Frequencies, circa 1975

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alain

Hello All,

Was doing some belated Spring cleaning today and came upon the enclosed. I purchased the 210 back in the mid-1970's.As I recall, I bought it from the old Speigel catalog, for somewhere around $150.00 (+/-).

Yup, still got the BC 210 too. Regrettably, it's memory is getting worse. Will save the 10 freq's when entered upon powering up, but turn it off then on again, and the "saved" frequencies are gone. Now-now...don't even think it...(!) ;-)

The purchaser of the scanner could call the 1-800 Betty Bearcat number and request a list of frequencies for their local area. May it bring back fond recollections for some of the ol' timers in the San Diego forum!

Archived RR post on the BC 210: https://forums.radioreference.com/new-user-getting-started-forum/315449-uniden-bearcat-210xlt.html

Attachments

• BEARCAT 210 MANUAL.jpg
    BEARCAT 210 MANUAL.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 403
  • BEARCAT FREQ LIST A.jpg
    BEARCAT FREQ LIST A.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 399
  • BEARCAT FREQ LIST B.jpg
    BEARCAT FREQ LIST B.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 392

billybob

Premium Subscriber
I didn't have a BC210 my radio was crystal controlled. I do remember most of the old frequencies. It's funny to see CHP has not deviated too far from the low band freqs.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
"Fire Marshal & Civil Defense 33.98" That's a hoot. The list was either provided by or "copied from" Gene Hughes' Police Call Southern California Edition. Gene would put false entries in his list to detect copyright infringers, and that line is one of them (33.98 along with 33.66 were the inputs to the State OES Fire Network, which was cross-band in those days.

billybob

Premium Subscriber
"Fire Marshal & Civil Defense 33.98" That's a hoot. The list was either provided by or "copied from" Gene Hughes' Police Call Southern California Edition. Gene would put false entries in his list to detect copyright infringers, and that line is one of them (33.98 along with 33.66 were the inputs to the State OES Fire Network, which was cross-band in those days.

I probably went to Rat Shack and bought the crystals for those false frequencies and wondered why there was no radio traffic. Ha

Status
Not open for further replies.