SURCOM Programming Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsefcik

Hi, I hope someone here can help me. I am trying to get Surcom (857.125) programmed into a Wouxon KG-UV9D Radio. I can successfully listen to Surcom on my Uniden 436HP but using the same parameters on the Wouxun doesn't pick up any transmissions.

From the RR DB, this is the programming for it:

857.12500 KNJJ566 RM 115 DPL DPR BLACK MTN Black Mtn - Picacho SRA FMN Law Dispatch

Attached is screenshot of what I have tried in my radio so far.

I am thinking there is some kind of digital signal happening or something else the Wouxun doesn't support, hopefully somebody here is knowledgeable enough to help me fix it or point out why it won't work.

TIA

Attachments

• wuoxun_surcom.jpg
    wuoxun_surcom.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 158

kma371

QRT
Hi, I hope someone here can help me. I am trying to get Surcom (857.125) programmed into a Wouxon KG-UV9D Radio. I can successfully listen to Surcom on my Uniden 436HP but using the same parameters on the Wouxun doesn't pick up any transmissions.

From the RR DB, this is the programming for it:

857.12500 KNJJ566 RM 115 DPL DPR BLACK MTN Black Mtn - Picacho SRA FMN Law Dispatch

Attached is screenshot of what I have tried in my radio so far.

I am thinking there is some kind of digital signal happening or something else the Wouxun doesn't support, hopefully somebody here is knowledgeable enough to help me fix it or point out why it won't work.

TIA

Might be a tone issue? Try listening without tones.

dsefcik

Try changing from fm narrow to fm

Might be a tone issue? Try listening without tones.

I believe I have tried both of these options already but will test again. Both the RR DB and Uniden list the frequency as NFM and the tone as DPL/DCS 115. The RR DB does not indicate the polarity but I have tried (shown in my previous screenshot) both DCS Polarity N & R.

I can test the "D Code" only option in the radio which RT Systems define as

"D Code: A DCS (or DPL) code is applied to outgoing transmissions. No squelch mode is applied. This may also be known as “Encode Only”

Thanks for the suggestions!

Attachments

• uniden_surcom.jpg
    uniden_surcom.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 97
  • rrdb_surcom.jpg
    rrdb_surcom.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 97

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
You might also check the 'rebanded' channel 856.4875, as I believe the State may be in the process of retuning their assignments.

(If you are still hearing 857.125 at Black Mountain on your 436, then disregard.)

dsefcik

You might also check the 'rebanded' channel 856.4875, as I believe the State may be in the process of retuning their assignments.

(If you are still hearing 857.125 at Black Mountain on your 436, then disregard.)

Thanks...yeah, 856.4875 is silent on the 436. I will test some of the other suggestions tomorrow when I am out in ABDSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.