Problem with RCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

P71JEFF

I keep getting a intermittent open carrier while scanning the RCS north sounds like a data channel or some kind of interference from somewhere when it does it my bcd325p2 stops scanning and it does not trunk track in both in analog and digital, Anybody else getting this ?, And It just started doing this intermittently

P71JEFF

Well after listening to when it occurs seems to be only happening between 7:00 and 11:00 am and still very intermittently

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
The 3A "problem" os related to an RCS specific problem Uniden is having with talkgroup patches, only on the RCS. Basically, patched (4A with 3A) analog fire talkgroups will receive digital patched law talkgroups, typically CHP, Harbor PD, and Admin, law talkgroups that are always patched to something typically. If your fire talkgroup is set to analog only, you will hear raw digital data. If set to all, you will hear the law talkgroup audio. Either way, you will see the law talgroup displayed on the scanner if your set to see talkgroup instead of trunking dots or whatever display mode. There is a patched firmware for the 996P2, and a specific topic dedicated to this issue from over a year ago.

jeff, can you set your scanner to display talkgroup during scan, and see if it says it is being sent to anything weird? I've heard open carriers and talkgroup issues, but what you are describing sounds like you might just have the squelch turned too far down...not common these days, but some scanners will lock on squelch tail after analog if they don't read the end code correctly. And make sure your end code options are enabled in the scanner menu.

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I just heard the weird "data transmission" on Fire C C on my FD 996XT scanner. Lasted only a second or so, was a carrier with a repetitive squawking/beeping...sounded like the Mexican bleed-over you can hear on some of the CNV zone RCS frequencies that have no CTCSS from time to time.

Channel trunked to 851.xxxx, (south system) it went back to the control channel before I could read the rest of the digits, but it did trunk track onto whatever that was.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.