RCS "8M1" Conventional Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I am tidying up my conventional bank on my 996XT's, and have most of the newer rebanded conventional 800 frequencies such as CALAW8 and CAFIRE1 set to CSQ. These constantly pick up interference, simply because there is no tone control, so they just get locked out.

My question is if these actually operate with any CTCSS tone in San Diego? I know my RCS Motorolas are programmed for CSQ RX on these new frequencies, the 8CALL etc also, but I do not know if this is just for general/mandated interop compatibility. If the local 8M1 repeaters transmit CTCSS tone of 156.7, I would like to put that into my 996's to avoid locking them out, but if they operate with no tone like LA County Sheriff's, I need to leave them as they are CSQ.

Also, XSD 8A/G, RRdb says 107.2, but my RCS radio says CSQ...is this frequency tone guarded for transmit?

Paul

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Paul,

All of the channels you mentioned are tone (or NAC, in the case of CAR 5) encoded. They should be tone/NAC decode as well.

(And yes, we use 107.2 on the county channels).

Don

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Thanks Don, was getting conflicting information from googling OES pdf's regarding CSQ or tone.

Since there really isn't a unified 8M1 Zone section in the RRdb, would the 8M1 Cars A-D+5, CAFIRE/LAW, 8A/G, 8CALL stuff, RCS Access, LT GRN N, and 8DIR FD channels, pretty much make up the majority of the 800MHz conventional ops frequencies that the county would routinely use? I may just format it and list them in this post for reference sake.

Also, does Cars 5 P25 have a new name or designation?

Paul

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Paul,

Yes on the common conventional channels, although the 8A/G and 8DIR channels are not in the 8M1 zone. We changed the Cars 1-4 designators to alpha during the rebanding process to differentiate pre- and post- channels. Cars 5 was the old Interserv, which in the post-rebanding version is only P25. Now that we are done with rebanding, we will get around to realigning the names to one standard.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.