San Diego Police TFO Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow925

Heard a request to switch to TF0-3 (Tactical Flight Officer) today when moving out of coverage of the 800Mhz system. Is anyone familiar with these frequencies and how they function?

djpaulino

Premium Subscriber
I heard that also.. SDPD had a pursuit nb I-15 armed 215pc suspects , SDPD was refusing assistance from CHP and SDSO. CHP dispatch was unable to contact them by phone or RCS LAW CC talkgroup and other mutual aid channels..Don't know why they were refusing assistance from allied agencies. Last I heard @ about 12pm they were NB I-15 @ Temescal Canyon RD. in Riverside county near Corona. ???

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
The TFO (Task Force Operations) Zone is on the RCS. There are 8 clear and 8 encrypted talkgroups.

Don

jmarshl

Premium Subscriber
Like Don said, TFO is on the RCS. There is no Tactical Flight Officer talkgroups on the SDPD system.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Hi Don,

Pretty sure it was Tactical Flight Officer because they were talking to ABLE at the time.

You pointed out they were leaving the coverage of the City system. All City public safety users have access to the RCS. While the TFO on ABLE may have been on the radio, it appears that he was communicating with ground LE units - who would have switched over to TFO3 on the RCS.

Don

JoeyC

Thats just it. They were leaving San Diego County and approaching Riverside County. There is no channel designated TFO in the RCS database. Specifically they requested TFO3 or TFO4. ABLE stated that he definately had TFO3 in their radio so thats where they switched. The Task Force talkgroups in the database were essentially quiet during this situation. There was one operation going on on one of the north talkgroups but appeared to be not related. I suspect it is a simplex frequency seeing how they were leaving the county although none of the nationwide interop channels are labeled as such. Not sure how far into Riverside County the RCS footprint reaches. There are no encrypted Task Force talkgroups listed, at least identified as such.

At one point ABLE summoned (twice) the Riverside Sheriff Office on 8CALL90 and requested their airship come up on 123.425 but that is the last I heard of that living in the southern part of the county. Not sure what happened after that.

These TFO channels are in zone 25 on the SDPD radios.

shadow925

Thanks guys, that makes more sense to be on the county system. Is it safe to assume that TFO-3 is analog since SD Police have analog radios? I looked in the database and see a number of Task Force talkgroups in the Law Interoperability section.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys, that makes more sense to be on the county system. Is it safe to assume that TFO-3 is analog since SD Police have analog radios? I looked in the database and see a number of Task Force talkgroups in the Law Interoperability section.

Actually, all of SDPD's radios are capable of digital (and P25).

disp10

Premium Subscriber
The clear talkgroups are....

TFO1 - 30624
TFO2 - 37216
TFO3 - 30640
TFO4 - 37232
TFO5 - 30656
TFO6 - 37248
TFO7 - 30672
TFO8 - 37264

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Are these TFO's used in CHP & SDSO incidents, or exclusively SDPD utilization?

Many thanks!

They are used by any Law Enforcement agency (including SDPD) that operates on the RCS. Usually the use is for a multiple agency operation (such as a SDPD - Sheriff - Harbor Police operation), but could be used by a Chula Vista PD detail operating in North County.

Status
Not open for further replies.