South San Francisco Police Live Feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedPenguin

I always hear about this police department on Mythbusters, so I figured I would like to hear them at least once or twice.

Does anyone know of an online scanner for them? They seem to be on analog frequencies.

gusbuster1217

I always hear about this police department on Mythbusters, so I figured I would like to hear them at least once or twice.

Does anyone know of an online scanner for them? They seem to be on analog frequencies.

Some people may not realize this, but South San Francisco is not part of San Francisco. S.S.F. is part of and located in San Mateo County. S.F., well they're there own little world.

Regarding a feed, I don't know of any. Though today would of been a great day to have one since the bank on Grand and Maple got robbed. Multiple matches of suspects though none were exact. None of the suspects had any red dye on them from the dye pack that was put with the money.It was interesting to hear this afternoon.
John

RedPenguin

Some people may not realize this, but South San Francisco is not part of San Francisco. S.S.F. is part of and located in San Mateo County. S.F., well they're there own little world.

Regarding a feed, I don't know of any. Though today would of been a great day to have one since the bank on Grand and Maple got robbed. Multiple matches of suspects though none were exact. None of the suspects had any red dye on them from the dye pack that was put with the money.It was interesting to hear this afternoon.
John

Yes, that's why I specifically asked because I knew it was definitely not part of San Fransisco.

Anyway, I definitely would not have minded being able to hear that.

I thought to myself, I wonder what Lt. Alan Normandy identifies as, because he's so often on Mythbusters, you almost feel like you know him, LoL.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Don't forget Sgt. J.D. Nelson of Alameda County Sheriff (he's the PR rep and accompanies them to the ACSO bomb range). You'd catch him on the ACSO talkgroups of the ALCO trunked radio system. ;)

-WP-

ALCO Trunking

How are you picking this up? Sgt JD is my dad and would love to pick that up! But I am currently in Oregon. Is this possible?

RedPenguin

Wow

How are you picking this up? Sgt JD is my dad and would love to pick that up! But I am currently in Oregon. Is this possible?

You obviously have a famous dad being that everyone knows him from Mythbusters.

-WP-

alco trunking

I don't know about all that.... It is kinda weird hearing people talk about him though. Is the only way to pick this up, to be in range of the repeaters? I havn't been able to find an internet feed. Oakland is nice and all but it's not the Sheriff's Dept. I also would like to hear other people I know in that department.

cousinkix1953

It would be possible if somebody hosted a LIVE feed of the Alameda county sheriff's department. All that is up right now is the fire departments and Oakland city PD...

-WP-

Alco

did anyone find a feed for ACSO yet?

Hayward Police and Fire Live Scanner Audio Feed

GETTING CLOSER!

I graduated from SLHS, this feed is tripping me out... Good 'ol 9-codes.... it's not like riding a bike though...
HAHA, first night listening and within 15 min: Shots fired, a car hitting multiple trees then a cement barrier, and a fight. All approx. at 0315, Ahhh... Home sweet home....

Last edited:

kma371

QRT
I graduated from SLHS too. If JD is your dad, then your uncle taught my P.E. At John muir. Haha

Hayward Police and Fire Live Scanner Audio Feed

GETTING CLOSER!

I graduated from SLHS, this feed is tripping me out... Good 'ol 9-codes.... it's not like riding a bike though...
HAHA, first night listening and within 15 min: Shots fired, a car hitting multiple trees then a cement barrier, and a fight. All approx. at 0315, Ahhh... Home sweet home....

cahira

If you have the iPhone, there is an app called "Emergency Radio" that streams ACSO, but it's always down...

I do, and I have the lite version installed but I wanted to make sure they had a working ACSO feed before buying the full version. I learned that all of the radio feed apps get their feeds from this site, is that correct? If there isn't a feed for ACSO here, then I guessed there wouldn't be one for Emergency Radio. My bf works for ACSO, he says it has a lot to do with their "trunked" system (did I get that right?)

trooperdude

Database Admin
My bf works for ACSO, he says it has a lot to do with their "trunked" system (did I get that right?)

It has nothing to do with their trunked system and everything to do with a feed provider
willing to commit a $300-$400 computer and a $200 scanner for the feed.

I could feed it from my house, but it's not worth the $$$ to me to do so.

YMMV
:D

cahira

Hah!!! I see...is this something someone has to buy in addition to already having the setup for hosting a feed? Or we just need to find someone who has the setup already that has an interest in the ACSO feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.