?? on loading SFPD and Fire on to a Pro 162

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjack

Premium Subscriber
Got my scanner and cable, had a local guy load Sacramento and try to teach me the process.
At least I got Sacramento.
My question is this , when I get a hold of the SF freqs (that's funny) I'm looking for, do I just plug it in and let it do its thing finding open spots to fill in or will they roll on over the Sacramento inputs deleteing them. I guess the simpler way to ask this is can I load more than one area on the scanner and if so is there a special process I have to go thru

Eng74

You will need to set up another bank for San Francisco. Then put the talk groups into the scan list for that bank. You can use the Butel ARC 160 software to program the radio. That will help a lot.

sffire

Premium Subscriber
Yes, that is what I did, load the other trunk group in another bank.

justjack

Premium Subscriber
So I guess the next step is get the software, sign up on here for a premium sub, hook it up and follow the directions from there. Can't be that simple, can it?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
The very FIRST thing you need to do is "download from scanner" the data that is already programmed in there. Save it to a file. Then create a new file and use it to "merge" the San Francisco data with the Sacramento data.

The software should have a TOTAL "picture" of what you want in your scanner. Once you have data in the software set up the way you want it, then SAVE it to your hard drive and "upload" it to the scanner. In other words, do NOT just send San Francisco data to the scanner, it will overwrite what is already in there. You should have more than enough room for both cities.

Status
Not open for further replies.