New San Jose Fire Freq Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retired911Guy

New San Jose Fire Freq Found…

Currently re-transmitting audio from SJFD 1 (155.025 Dispatch).

Yesterday heard signal on 155.925 about ½ strength of Dispatch (155.025)

Today hear signal better than Dispatch (155.025).

Radio Shop may be testing different sites to make sure all TX sites are working well. (Has most of the same sites as Dispatch 155.025)

History of Freq: Prior to July 1st 2010 (2 weeks ago), 155.925 was used as SJ City Misc Gov Paging system.

City Gov workers who used these pagers were told about a month ago that the paging system was going to be discontinued on July 1st 2010 and if their office needed to get a hold of them, they would have to provide a CEL Number.

SJFD is now using it (or at least testing it)….What it will eventually become I don’t know, maybe the missing Command 2?

I have a couple of feelers out with a couple of scanner people I know from down there so HOPEFULLY I may get some info.

But everybody who has ANY contacts with SJFD please inquire.

dougr1252

Signal is stronger for sure, but audio is more compressed than 155.025. Maybe it's a transition channel for narrowbanding.

trooperdude

Database Admin
Old "San Jose 24".

It was also used by San Jose SAR in the 70's and 80's in
addition to paging.

I had a bunch of boat anchor radios on it when I was with SAR.

Brings back memories.

Makes sense they re-purposed it into a VHF fire channel since they
desperately need another command channel.

One to watch.

Also heard a well-informed rumor of a number of P25 Quantars being installed for a new
simulcast airport system. No idea yet if it's UHF or going to be 700 mhz.

kmh603

Yes This Freq 155.925 MHz is going to be the new Dispatch Channel. It is on Mt. Chul near Mt. Loma Prieta with 100 watts output at 3000 ft elevation. Also SJFD will be adding more Command and Tactical Channels depending on approval from FCC we could add 5 Command and 5 Tactical channels and SJFD will also be changing their PL's so stay tuned! Santa Clara County is re-organizing its Fire Department Channels by Dec.3rd, 2010. Stay tuned for more changes!

Stealthguy05

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for confirming. On a further note, when you say Santa Clara County, do you mean County Fire? or every agency in the County? Would that be part of the 700mhz system? as far as i know it's nowhere near being done yet.

kmh603

There is a post that So.Santa Clara Co. Fire has added channels. All Fire agencies in SCCO. must be done with their re-organizing or adding channels by Dec.3rd, 2010. SJ needs $250 Mil to build out its 700 MHz system so that will never happen unless the Feds give lots of money.SJFD is building out its current system because we cannot afford 700 MHz until more money is given. The new fire freq's should be posted by November and I will post it as soon as its approved by the FCC.

trooperdude

Database Admin
Yes This Freq 155.925 MHz is going to be the new Dispatch Channel. It is on Mt. Chul near Mt. Loma Prieta with 100 watts output at 3000 ft elevation. Also SJFD will be adding more Command and Tactical Channels depending on approval from FCC we could add 5 Command and 5 Tactical channels and SJFD will also be changing their PL's so stay tuned! Santa Clara County is re-organizing its Fire Department Channels by Dec.3rd, 2010. Stay tuned for more changes!

Any mis-posted spreadsheets are appreciated.

LOL

Gah, more reprogramming of radios....

trooperdude

Database Admin
I see the FCC auth for the old SJ24 channel for Mt. Chual, but I don't see either an FCC application, a petition letter, nor an NAPCO in-progress file for any additional San Jose VHF channels.

Are they working through a frequency coordinator other than NAPCO ?

kmh603

We went through NAPCO. It is unknown as to why they are being secret about everything?

kmh603

Ok we are testing this Freq. 155.925 MHZ. We will be changing all our channel line ups for the Santa Clara County including SJFD. This is looking like it will become Command 11. Cmd 1-10 will be Cal Fire. Cmd 11-16 will be SJFD, and the rest of the County will follow. Our Tac Channels will be renamed for the whole County. San Jose will name its Tac channels Tac 31-36. As we get closer to December I will give you the new SJFD frequencies as well as the County renaming of channels and new frequencies. Also Santa Cruz County will also be renaming all its fire channels as well. Narrow banding is causing everyone to get together and do a complete re-program all at once. This will take place in Dec. 2010 and again in April 2011 as Cal Fire will lead the way in narrow banding its frequencies. The channel re-naming still has to be approved by the Santa Clara County Fire Chiefs Assoc. so I am waiting on that until publishing everything.

kmh603

Here are some more Freq name changes and additions:
RX 151.1225 Pl 156.7 TX 159.1650 Named SCC Cmd1 (this name will change again in April 2011)
RX 153.845 No Pl named XSC Cmd 1 (old name of Blue)
RX 153.830 No PL named XSC Tac-1 (old name of Yellow)

As more names and frequencies come available I will post. These should be added to the Database.

EMSJUNKY

I'm a bit confused, and I know that yall can clear this up.

Is the comm plan for Santa Clara Co. Fire Agencies going to look like the comm plan for San Mateo County Fire Agencies where mult agencies are dispatched on one frequency, and have regional command and tac frequencies?

Thanks!

cousinkix1953

Ok we are testing this Freq. 155.925 MHZ. We will be changing all our channel line ups for the Santa Clara County including SJFD. This is looking like it will become Command 11. Cmd 1-10 will be Cal Fire. Cmd 11-16 will be SJFD, and the rest of the County will follow. Our Tac Channels will be renamed for the whole County. San Jose will name its Tac channels Tac 31-36. As we get closer to December I will give you the new SJFD frequencies as well as the County renaming of channels and new frequencies. Also Santa Cruz County will also be renaming all its fire channels as well. Narrow banding is causing everyone to get together and do a complete re-program all at once. This will take place in Dec. 2010 and again in April 2011 as Cal Fire will lead the way in narrow banding its frequencies. The channel re-naming still has to be approved by the Santa Clara County Fire Chiefs Assoc. so I am waiting on that until publishing everything.
CAL-FIRE started rebanding in 2008. I heard some of those new NB frequencies during the brush fires. Scotts Valley PD purchased new NB radios last year; but those are still analog FM mode. Look for the Santa Cruz harbor patrol on the county-wide fire system too. We caught them working direct with the Central fire units during a water rescue on Saturday morning...

Status
Not open for further replies.