RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > California Radio Discussion Forum > San Francisco Bay Area Discussion

San Francisco Bay Area Discussion - Local area specific discussion for the San Francisco Bay area including the North, East and South Bays.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-23-2016, 6:46 PM

2416 - Oakland Airport Crash Fire primary ops (confirmed few times)
Sponsored links
Old 11-16-2016, 10:12 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Sounds like Hayward PD is getting close to coming online. I heard some serious testing on their TG 3255 this afternoon. There was some comment that the portables were ready to go, but mobiles were not. Notes from a September 2016 Hayward City Council meeting:
Council approved authorization of city manager to negotiate and execute a lease-purchase agreement with Motorola Solutions for mobile and portable radios and associated equipment for Hayward Police Department and nonpublic safety field staff from various departments to join the East Bay Regional Communications System Authority network.

Last edited by Oakland_Tower; 11-16-2016 at 10:16 PM.. Reason: found additional info
Old 11-17-2016, 9:16 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

About time. I thought they would never join EBRC. I wonder when Hayward Fire will come aboard?
Old 11-21-2016, 6:39 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Wow, what happened to Hayward PD? They were on for a short period then, nothing. Anyone monitor them since last week?
Old 12-01-2016, 9:19 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Hayward PD Online

I'm hearing Hayward PD on TG 3255 this morning. Sounds like normal dispatch operations. I'll send a note to update the database.
Sponsored links
Old 12-01-2016, 9:24 AM
Global DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakland_Tower View Post
I'm hearing Hayward PD on TG 3255 this morning. Sounds like normal dispatch operations. I'll send a note to update the database.
What radios? 3176###?
Old 12-01-2016, 9:59 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kma371 View Post
What radios? 3176###?
Yes, mobiles 3176XXX dispatch 3165XXX
Old 12-01-2016, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakland_Tower View Post
The old UHF frequencies are quiet. I've only heard one transmission, probably accidental.
Old 01-11-2017, 5:23 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I use a computer and SDR dongles to monitor the EBRCS southwest system while at work. It seems like the control channel for this system is changing quite a bit lately. Sometimes multiple times a day. Anyone know why? I recall being able to keep the same control channel for weeks at a time.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:14 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default EBRCS - Benicia to Join

As of 12/20/2016, the City of Benicia approved the purchase of multiple APX7000 portable and mobile radios in the VHF/7-800 MHz band. As per their city council meeting, they plan on joining EBRCS to replace their VHF conventional radios. They hope to be fully switched over at the start of the new fiscal year (June/July).
I can confirm, through a local ham operator, that this change is definite.

Looking forward to searching for Benicia talkgroups to become active in the next few months, as well as testing. Glad I bought a BCD436HP!
Old 01-31-2017, 3:12 AM
Global DB Admin
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by avascan522 View Post
As of 12/20/2016, the City of Benicia approved the purchase of multiple APX7000 portable and mobile radios in the VHF/7-800 MHz band. As per their city council meeting, they plan on joining EBRCS to replace their VHF conventional radios. They hope to be fully switched over at the start of the new fiscal year (June/July).
I can confirm, through a local ham operator, that this change is definite.

Looking forward to searching for Benicia talkgroups to become active in the next few months, as well as testing. Glad I bought a BCD436HP!
It might take a year or more. Several things need to happen first. Costs need to be determined, radios need to be purchased, infrastructure might need to be built. Good for them though.

But, looking at this document: https://legistarweb-production.s3.am...Resolution.pdf

Police and fire will make the switch. Looks like agencies from Solano County as a whole discussed this situation, maybe more will transition in the future. Guess we have to wait and see.

UPDATE, searched around a little more and Vacaville requested grant money to fund consultation on the EBRCS project so theres another agency possible in the future.
Old 01-31-2017, 10:26 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
It might take a year or more. Several things need to happen first. Costs need to be determined, radios need to be purchased, infrastructure might need to be built. Good for them though.

But, looking at this document: https://legistarweb-production.s3.am...Resolution.pdf

Police and fire will make the switch. Looks like agencies from Solano County as a whole discussed this situation, maybe more will transition in the future. Guess we have to wait and see.

UPDATE, searched around a little more and Vacaville requested grant money to fund consultation on the EBRCS project so theres another agency possible in the future.
In the council meeting video I watched, the Police chief already had a quote from Motorola, and the total price tag necesary for them to switch. According to their EBRCSA representative, no other infrastructure would be needed since they have already done dead-spot testing throughout the city. EBRCS seems to have better coverage than the current analog system. The only things left, from what I see, is to order new radios, have them programmed, and update the system to give Benicia their own Talkgroups. They seem pretty determined to be on air by July.
Old 02-24-2017, 11:25 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Hwy 24 deputies now on COCO Central

Contra Costa County:
As of Monday, it sounds like the Lafayette (beat 40, 41, 42), Orinda (81, 82, 83) and Moraga (beat M1, M2) have filled the hole that San Ramon left in the summer and have jumped over to central dispatch (ch2) from west dispatch (ch1). It sounds like all the existing beats that were on central dispatch are still there.
Old 02-27-2017, 9:49 AM
Global DB Admin
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy1199 View Post
Contra Costa County:
As of Monday, it sounds like the Lafayette (beat 40, 41, 42), Orinda (81, 82, 83) and Moraga (beat M1, M2) have filled the hole that San Ramon left in the summer and have jumped over to central dispatch (ch2) from west dispatch (ch1). It sounds like all the existing beats that were on central dispatch are still there.
Is it still this way? That makes for a pretty busy channel 2, since the only remaining units on channel 1 would be bay station house which typically only has 5-7 units working.
Old 02-27-2017, 1:02 PM

I am not sure about ch 2 activity but on ch 1 it sounds like there's less traffic and I've been hearing the bay units, north richmond, el sobrante, etc...
Old 02-27-2017, 1:36 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Is it still this way? That makes for a pretty busy channel 2, since the only remaining units on channel 1 would be bay station house which typically only has 5-7 units working.
Yes it's still this way. Ch2 is much busier now, but it seems like Orinda, Moraga and Lafayette combined have about the same radio traffic as San Ramon had... so not much different than prior to when SR switched this summer.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:24 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Brentwood dispatch is lighting up. Just heard "stand by for roll call" (9:20am). Not encrypted so-far.. apparently...
Old 03-15-2017, 11:25 AM
Global DB Admin
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dseven View Post
Brentwood dispatch is lighting up. Just heard "stand by for roll call" (9:20am). Not encrypted so-far.. apparently...
And just to confirm this is on 7055?
Old 03-15-2017, 11:33 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
And just to confirm this is on 7055?
Affirm. They're live now. I caught a recording of most of the roll call, and the "we're live!" announcement. Trying to figure out if I can attach a .mp3 here, or if I'll have to upload it somewhere and post a link.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:36 AM
Global DB Admin
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dseven View Post
Affirm. They're live now. I caught a recording of most of the roll call, and the "we're live!" announcement. Trying to figure out if I can attach a .mp3 here, or if I'll have to upload it somewhere and post a link.
No you can't. You can as long as you Zip it first.

Tags
ebrcs