Help programming EBRCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacerat

Premium Subscriber
I have a very newbie question. I am getting a new scanner the GRE PSR-500, and I need some help programming it for EBRCS. I want to listen to Livermore PD so do I add just site 007 or do I add all of the seven sites?

kma371

QRT
I have a very newbie question. I am getting a new scanner the GRE PSR-500, and I need some help programming it for EBRCS. I want to listen to Livermore PD so do I add just site 007 or do I add all of the seven sites?

If you only want to listen to Livermore, yes. Add ALCO East Simulcast only.

spacerat

Premium Subscriber
LPD & PPD Choppy Audio

If you only want to listen to Livermore, yes. Add ALCO East Simulcast only.

Thank you for the info.

I have the GRE PSR-500 Scanner programmed and scanning ALCO East Simulcast but the audio is all choppy most of the time on LPD & PPD. Any suggestions?

kma371

QRT
Thank you for the info.

I have the GRE PSR-500 Scanner programmed and scanning ALCO East Simulcast but the audio is all choppy most of the time on LPD & PPD. Any suggestions?

Well this is all kind of off topic from the thread but best way would be improve your antenna

officer_415

Database Admin

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Before you reply to a thread please read the previous posts. We're not allowing anyone to "hijack" the EBRCS Updates thread. It is strictly for what the subject states.

I've moved your posts to your own thread.

Boomguy

Premium Subscriber
spacerat - I'm with you. I can't hear squat on my PSR-800. I've tried everything I know (translation - I'm doing something wrong). So if ANYONE can provide some instructions, that would be greatly appreciated.

I have downloaded the database from GRE, dug down to Livermore - have everything in the Livermore database loaded, I also have everything from the EBRCS loaded. I've been "locking out" no related agencies as they communicate. Over the past week, I've heard maybe 5-minutes of LPD.

Sure would be nice to listen again. All I want is LPD, LPFD, ALCO Fire and The Sheriffs Office.

kma371

QRT
Are you listening to Livermore on the 800 system or the ebrcs system?

Boomguy

Premium Subscriber
Hi - I started off with the DB from GRE - I had me drill through the menu and I found LivermorePD1. I put that in my scan list - Nothing.

I then added the old frequencies as well (old 800 system).

I then came here and added all the frequencies in the DB selecting "digital" in the GRE software - Again Nothing.

I then added everything in the EBRCS and heard way too much (but no LPD - at least not much - really like maybe a total of 5 minutes all weekend) I locked out the other agencies while scanning since I know it takes the scanner sometime to sort through all the channels. Still, every once in awhile, I get some garbled transmission on the LPD channel. YES, I'm using an 800 mHz antenna.
I've been scanning since the 70's and I've never had such a hard time.

Suggestions?

Thanks

kma371

QRT
You might not have chosen the right site from ebrcs for Livermore. I would only program the ALCO East Simulcast site as I hear them just fine.

Try that and let us know outcome.

Boomguy

Premium Subscriber
Ok, I must be doing something wrong or LPD is not doing much talking. Receiving stuff on PD, PD2 and PD3 - but maybe a total of 5 half transmissions per couple of hours. Seems like in the old days (prior to the P25 switch) that LPD transmissions were almost endless. I actually saw on officer talking on the radio and heard nothing. I don't think all their channels are in the DB maybe?? Scanning too many channels and missing talk?? I do have the 3-channels listed as LPD set on priority. As my kids would say IDK . . . I'll give it a few more days-then back to the place that sold it to me.

kma371

QRT
Ok did you do what I said? Did you program the ALCO East Simulcast site? You may have programmed the ALCO East standalone site instead which isn't used often.

Im pretty sure its not a radio issue, it's a programming issue.

Boomguy

Premium Subscriber
Of course. I follow directions well. :) I'm loading whatever GRE PSR-800 EZ Digital Handheld Trunking Software finds and only checking (downloading) ALCO East Simulcast. Using frequency DB 153 which was updated 1 Sept. As I type, the scanner is picking up more (still not like a few weeks ago) and the transmissions are getting clearer - almost like it's learning??

I'll keep everyone posted - thanks for the help!

Boomguy

Premium Subscriber
I'm using one I bought a bunch of years ago and used with my old RadioShack scanner - worked great on the old 800 mHz system. I'll try a new one - suggestions for one with a BNC connector? (And yes - I know. I really need an external antenna). BTW - when I scan LLNL, it's never ending clear conversations.

bayhair

I too am also having problems monitoring livermore and pleasanton pd. I pick them up for short coversations then nothing for hours. I have the hp-1 and have loaded directly from the data base. It almost seems like there is a control channel missing. Any suggestions.

Thanks Harry

kma371

QRT
I too am also having problems monitoring livermore and pleasanton pd. I pick them up for short coversations then nothing for hours. I have the hp-1 and have loaded directly from the data base. It almost seems like there is a control channel missing. Any suggestions.

Thanks Harry

What site are you monitoring ?

kma371

QRT
Simulcast is what you want actually but are you sure that's what loaded? What control freqs are being monitored?

bayhair

Sorry for the delay work called. I have tried using control channels
I have also tried

Thanks Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.