Alameda County Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACSOcoroner25

Can some please broadcast the Alameda County Sheriff Office again, there are 2 feeds for ALCO Fire but no Sheriff feed. Maybe the Paramedic Plus feed also, I would do it but I'm on the other side of the Caldecott.

kma371

QRT
Can some please broadcast the Alameda County Sheriff Office again, there are 2 feeds for ALCO Fire but no Sheriff feed. Maybe the Paramedic Plus feed also, I would do it but I'm on the other side of the Caldecott.

I suggest you contact one of the current guys and ask if they can add the sheriffs office to it. Soon they are going digital anyway

ACSOcoroner25

I suggest you contact one of the current guys and ask if they can add the sheriffs office to it. Soon they are going digital anyway

I am aware of the rebranding and switch over but what does that mean to scanner enthusiasts, I don't know much about the new scanner stuff. I have been told that the Sheriff Office does not intend on encrypting the new system but you say they are going digital like it won't be scannable what the real deal?

kma371

QRT
I am aware of the rebranding and switch over but what does that mean to scanner enthusiasts, I don't know much about the new scanner stuff. I have been told that the Sheriff Office does not intend on encrypting the new system but you say they are going digital like it won't be scannable what the real deal?

REBANDING has already been completed. The switch to digital EBRCS is underway. There are several threads here with more info.

As of now, digital scanners can monitor the system but not as well as they should. EBRCS is using newer technology which the scanner wasn't originally designed for.

As far as well all know, there will NOT be any encryption on main dispatch channels for users of the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.