Hello i am looking for the Frequencies and PL's for the following stores :

Macy's
Mervyns
Edwards and Sears.

If you can help let me know thanks.

csuh13

Try this link:

http://www.grove-ent.com/EXMall.html

It only really covers the Bay Area (and not all of it at that...) but it's a start. I've also found that many large stores (IE OfficeMax,) use standard business band freq's (green dot, blue dot, etc.). I'm sure someone here has a listing of those.

Also, many stores (Mervyn's comes to mind) use regular FRS channels. You can program all of those into a bank pretty easily...

kma371

QRT
Macy's and Sears have always been good candidates for radio systems. Mostly for Loss Prevention use. IF they are using FRS radios, generally they are for stock room folk.

Here is what I found at Solano Mall:

JC Penny's 464.7375
Macy's 464.7125
Solano Mall 451.850, 461.9875, 464.075, 464.925

Arff312

Ok for Macy's i have recieved 464.7125 RX and 469.7125 TX from the LP officers I need the PL for them.

I also need the Frequency for Mervyns and Sears.

kma371

QRT
Mervyn's and Sears didn't have any licensed frequencies.

Depending on what type of scanner you have, it can search the PL's for you. Macy's typically uses DCS tones, so if your scanner dosen't let you use them, you're outta luck.

Arff312

This is not to be used in a scanner i work for the mall security and am programming my MT 200 to get all the department stores in it.

Mick

Sears does has some, and they use them all over the country:
http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/...db_id=19&rows=0&sndx=SARSRABACAND&radio_serv=
Mervyns does has some, and they are used across the country:
http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/...hts?db_id=19&rows=0&sndx=MARVYNS%&radio_serv=
kma371 said:
Mervyn's and Sears didn't have any licensed frequencies.

Depending on what type of scanner you have, it can search the PL's for you. Macy's typically uses DCS tones, so if your scanner dosen't let you use them, you're outta luck.

csuh13

Arff312 said:
This is not to be used in a scanner i work for the mall security and am programming my MT 200 to get all the department stores in it.

Silly question, but if you work for mall security couldn't you just go over and ask the LP guys what their freqs are? (Professional courtesy and all that??)

kma371

QRT
csuh13 said:
Silly question, but if you work for mall security couldn't you just go over and ask the LP guys what their freqs are? (Professional courtesy and all that??)

Better idea, go to the admin office of the store and ask to look at their license. My experience (ex mall security) is that LP guys don't know what freq's their on.

Arff312

yes i tried that but as was stated above most LP dont know what frequency they are on except that their radio is on channel 2 per say. Thats why even the LP managers arent much help they dont know about pl's and stuff.

scannernut59

Why not have Macy's call the Radio shop that works on their portables or repeater to get the correct tone? They should have that on file.

SN 59

Arff312

I have tried everything i can think of but it is just a pain in the butt. I even tried to get them from some of the other guys who have them but they didnt save the frequencies, after they were programed into the radios.

Wayne

Premium Subscriber
Suggest a couple of options; borrow a frequency counter or scanner with signal stalker technology (pro-97). Ask store LP employee to key their radio. Capture frequency and then use a scanner which can decode tones to find the PL or DPL being used.

csuh13

Wayne said:
Suggest a couple of options; borrow a frequency counter or scanner with signal stalker technology (pro-97). Ask store LP employee to key their radio. Capture frequency and then use a scanner which can decode tones to find the PL or DPL being used.

Is there a Radio Shack in the mall? Go use the one on display! They won't mind... RS folks love having extra security around :)

kma371

QRT
I didn't say the LP office, I said admin. Go to the store manager or admin offices of the store itself. They will have the license there.

Arff312 said:
yes i tried that but as was stated above most LP dont know what frequency they are on except that their radio is on channel 2 per say. Thats why even the LP managers arent much help they dont know about pl's and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.