Operation Rolling Chaos - Fremont style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
This event in Fremont tomorrow (Sunday) may produce some good talk groups and radio ids on the new system.

Event Notification – Operation Rolling Chaos
Location: Unitek Education - 4670 Automall Parkway (@ S. Grimmer Blvd.)
Date: Sunday, February 10, 2013
Time: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.

We would like to notify our community of a large public safety, mass casualty practice event that is taking place tomorrow, February 10, 2013 from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. at Unitek Education in Fremont (4670 Automall Parkway).

This event is a one-day mass casualty training exercise, organized and sponsored by Unitek, designed to equip participants with tactical procedures to respond to potential disasters. Unitek Education is collaborating with military EMS to familiarize our local community with a response protocol. Fremont Police and Fremont Fire will both be on scene participating in the event along with several other public safety organizations. While the event shouldn’t affect traffic in the area or adjacent neighborhoods, many community members may see and hear police and fire vehicles, ambulances and military vehicles driving to and from the event venue. In addition a few helicopters will also be participating and will be flying in and out of the venue.

The event is not open to the general public and specific questions, including those from the media, should be directed to Unitek Education.

To learn more about the event visit Operation Rolling Chaos - EMT Training

mibzzer15

Beat me to this....Even though its closed to the general public, I plan on heading over in that area tomorrow. Should be able to watch some good stuff including heli landings. In the past, they have had good heli landings near the Technology drive and Technology court. There will also probably be stuff going on at the rear of Station 7 near South Grimmer and Auto Mall pkwy.

mibzzer15

So I had 156.075 for CALCORD that they used to bring the 3 helicopters in, 149.3125 was the scenario operations and command post. 151.820 and 153.910 were 2 others that were also used.

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
So I had 156.075 for CALCORD that they used to bring the 3 helicopters in, 149.3125 was the scenario operations and command post. 151.820 and 153.910 were 2 others that were also used.

I did not hear any traffic on the existing ALCO system or on the SW Cell of the EBRCS. Perhaps part of the scenario was dealing with a failure of the 800 mhz trunking system. Interesting that they used only (as far as we know) VHF high band frequencies.

mibzzer15

I did not hear any traffic on the existing ALCO system or on the SW Cell of the EBRCS. Perhaps part of the scenario was dealing with a failure of the 800 mhz trunking system. Interesting that they used only (as far as we know) VHF high band frequencies.

Yeah I didn't hear anything on ALCO system or EBRCS, I dont believe they were planning on using that anyways. I say that because for one, I didn't see many Fremont fire guys, or Fremont PD guys there....and it didn't seem that any of the nat guard guys or literally anyone else had the radios for that...Now yes I am sure that if wanted, they COULD have used the EBRCS system but I don't believe that was part of it.

Last edited:

mibzzer15

PL? NAC? What branch?

No PL or NAC that I am aware of. I just did a close call search on my BCD396XT and entered that freq I found them on into a system group and monitored them from there. That would have been the National Guard guys. They used that for command post to area security, safety, trauma center, hospital, staging, "dustoff" (the heli guys), and to anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.