Livermore and Plesanton PDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

posse401

I am using a Uniden Home Patrol scanner in my vehicle and have downloaded the newest database and put Livermore and Pleasanton PDs talkgroups in two different favorite lists. I am hearing nothing on those talkgroups as programmed. The database seemed to download frequencies for several sites. I do pick up AlCo SO east traffic on their talkgroups. Can anyone shed some light on what I may be doing wrong or if there is another issue? Thanks.

kma371

QRT
I am using a Uniden Home Patrol scanner in my vehicle and have downloaded the newest database and put Livermore and Pleasanton PDs talkgroups in two different favorite lists. I am hearing nothing on those talkgroups as programmed. The database seemed to download frequencies for several sites. I do pick up AlCo SO east traffic on their talkgroups. Can anyone shed some light on what I may be doing wrong or if there is another issue? Thanks.

I'm not sure how the HP works but it should be downloading the EBRCS system not the old Motorola analog system. and.. depending on where you are located and what cell your monitoring, you might not hear them anyway.

can you respond and give us a little more info?

posse401

It downloaded what looks like 8 different frequency sets for different sites. I have tried it several times when I have been driving through and in Livermore and Pleasanton. Today I heard part of a transmission on LPD from dispatch but no response and it didn't seem like the whole thing.

kma371

QRT
It downloaded what looks like 8 different frequency sets for different sites. I have tried it several times when I have been driving through and in Livermore and Pleasanton. Today I heard part of a transmission on LPD from dispatch but no response and it didn't seem like the whole thing.

if you can, try and remove all but the ALCO East site as that is the only site Pleasanton and Livermore should come up on.

but because of the format of the system (simulcast) there are known reception issues that current scanners aren't able to correct thus receiving isn't all that great.

you can check the forums for more info on "simulcast distortion"

Status
Not open for further replies.