any idea what type of scanner to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darrryl

I need some ideas about buying a scanner handheld

for listening all over the bay area, the alco/coco combined system

someone told i'd need a p-25 type 1-2 tdma scanner

i'm thinking about the one with the 25K channal scanner that amazon has for sale

or should i get one on the new ones that just came out. or should i go to "scannermaster"

thank you guys for your time, have a great week

Darryl Skivers KE6BQG 73's

AdminLaw

If you want to listen to the East Bay Regional Communications System, you do need a scanner capable of receiving P-25 Phase I now. Eventually, it will probably go to Phase II.

The Silicon Valley Regional Communications System is already partially P-25 Phase II.

That means getting either a used GRE PSR 800 (if you can find one), one of the new Unidens, or waiting for Whistler to release their new P-25 Phase II capable scanners.

SCPD

QRT
Try going on EBAY & bid on a PRO 106, you can get a good radio by bidding on them. PRO 106 you can program up to 36,000 frequency's if you need too.

teufler

it would for part of what he is or wants to listen too. the 396xt does p25 type 1, which does alot though the cities are going to p25 type II or some system that scanners just do not listen to. Or they are going encrypyted to cover their tracks. The latest and greatest is only great for a short while.

Status
Not open for further replies.