No signal for Silicon Valley regional communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

baptistjcat

Help with Santa Clara new p25 system on ws 1080

I have the ws 10 80 and can not program the new p25 system for Santa Clara city. I can not find it on the preprogrammed sd card . Does it need to have the library updated ?

Last edited:

dxradio2003

SCPD

Hi,

Just make sure the library file is updated and then use the Silicon Valley P25 frequencies to program the radio. This will include Sunnyvale DPS/Fire and some other agencies. Just activate the agencies you want to listen to.

baptistjcat

Ws1080 not receving signal from santa clara citys p25

I have programmed the ws from the browse library and went to silicon valley reginal and checked the boxes for the different talk groups for santa clara city. put them into scan list one. I can even see the alpha tags when I browse objects . But it is not picking up any signal. I was told that the libray was already updated. So Is programming the p25 system something that will have to be done with the EZ scan software, or do I have some thing not set right ?

Last edited:

baptistjcat

I'm pretty sure that I did but I'm going to we think what I have already done. Do the frequencies have to be manuly programmed into the SD card ?

baptistjcat

This sounds good. I will be able to download EZ scan very soon on my grandmothers computer in the next few days. If I still have trouble I will post again.

dktmman

Any luck yet in picking up Santa Clara PD.

I recently lost the ability to pick up Sunnyvale DPS on my old school scanner due to the new system they are moving to like Santa Clara did. I am preparing to buy a new scanner such as yours but want to be sure it's gonna work before I drop $500

baptistjcat

No not yet I have just downloaded EZ scan and when I was first playing with it I did not know exactly what I was doing . I have been studying a more detailed manual I found on line. I think the main problem that I im doing is I have to create a v scan folder first then program what I what I want( Santa Clara p25) then go to the proper location and transfer the data to the scanners sd card. All the other cities in my area are easy to program from the sd card library data base. It's Only the the p25 that's giving me a head ache and not to mention that that that the main reason why I upgraded to the ws 1080 was to monitor Santa Clara.
I found my ws 1080 online brand new for $395. it seems to be a great scanner so far. For the cities I have on it sound great.

Last edited:

dktmman

Thank you for the prompt reply,
When you say.... "All the other cities in my area are easy to program from the sd card library data base."

Does this include Sunnyvale?
From my understanding, Sunnyvale is also switching to this P25 system and that's why my current scanner will no longer pick it up.

baptistjcat

Yes sunnyvale is in the database it's just setting it up though the ez scan for the p25 system
And also the sd card would have to have the library sd card updated though the ez scan as well .

Last edited:

Stealthguy05

I can't speak for the GRE model ez scan software, but as long as you have a p25 system with 772.3062 on it, it should work. Perhaps the mods would like to consolidate all these SVRCS threads into a question thread?

Stealthguy05

I'm sorry, was that a question to me? I was saying that as long as you have programmed a p25 trunking system with the control channel for SVRCS, which is 772.3062, You should be able to monitor it. Im not so sure how the GRE's handle their trunking, so you might want to throw in all the frequencies for the west cell.

baptistjcat

I'm going to be sure that the frequency you gave me is in ,I'll keep my fingers crossed wish me luck.

baptistjcat

I'm starting to get some signal, I was wondering what type of antenna you are using ? I have an 800mhz is there a better one that I could use.

baptistjcat

antenna for p25 reception

What is the best antenna for receaving Silicon Regional valley communications p25? I live here in Santa Clara. I'm only getting bits in pieces of the transmission. I have the 800 MHZ on at the moment. Is there a better one, or does someone have any suggestions? I was in Sunnyvale and it seemed to do better there, but now that I'm closer to the PD it is worse.

baptistjcat

best antenna for p25 system

I now have the Silicon Valley Regional communication p25 syestem programmed in to my ws 1080 but the
reception I get is only in bits. It seems that when I was in sunnyvale it was better not perfect but it was better now that I'm in santa clara I'm not getting a signal at all. I have an 800 MHZ antenna on at the moment.
Is their a better one that I should be useing ? what is ever one else using for there scanners ?or what else could I do?

Voyager

For 800 MHz reception, the Radio Shack "800 MHz antenna" is the best for its size. I have an 800 MHz antenna that performs better, but it's about a foot tall and makes the setup a bit cumbersome - especially on the smaller scanners such as the Uniden 396 series.

Status
Not open for further replies.