RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > California Radio Discussion Forum > San Francisco Bay Area Discussion

San Francisco Bay Area Discussion - Local area specific discussion for the San Francisco Bay area including the North, East and South Bays.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2015, 10:33 PM

Default Levi's Stadium?

Any frequencies for Levi's Stadium? Don't see anything in the database...
Sponsored links
Old 02-02-2015, 11:46 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

They are using MotoTRBO with Capacity Plus trunking. Using a modified scanner, I verified the following:
All are using color code 8.

Multiple talk groups popped up during a regular game there. Since I don't have a DMR radio with Capacity Plus capability, I did not note any talk groups down. Since it is trunking, they tend to switch frequencies and time slots.

The FCC license is WQTB434 for the system. They list quite a few more frequencies but I heard voice traffic on the ones I listed.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:49 AM

The NFL also has a low power (2 watt ERP) system at the stadium: ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQPW639 - NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE You'll need to be pretty close to the stadium to hear it.
Old 02-03-2015, 1:23 AM

Thank you!

I'm about 1.5 mi line of sight.
Old 02-03-2015, 2:36 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

They are also using SVRS Common Law channels in Phase II audio transmissions.
Sponsored links
Old 02-03-2015, 2:52 PM

This is getting confusing - so they have MotoTRBO (I had no clue what this was, looks like yet another digital system that can't be scanned), conventional frequencies, and SVRS...all for a football stadium...
Old 02-03-2015, 4:52 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

The MotoTRBO system, which can't be scanned without modification or software, is for stadium operations. You'll hear the stadium security folks, custodial, maintenance, etc. The SVRCS talk groups are for public safety such as Santa Clara Police. I am not sure what the NFL frequencies are for, but looking at the FCC license and emissions, it is for both FM and DMR/MotoTRBO .
Old 02-04-2015, 12:23 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

The TRBO trunked system is for all in-house uses from security to janitorial. SVRCS is for PD, Fire & EMS. The TRBO system has quite some range as it must cover all the outlying parking lots such as Mission College and Oracle. Radios i've seen used are XPR 7550's & SL7550's. If anyone with SDR is able to build a system for the database, that would be neat.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:49 AM
Moderator/Global DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthguy05 View Post
The TRBO trunked system is for all in-house uses from security to janitorial. SVRCS is for PD, Fire & EMS. The TRBO system has quite some range as it must cover all the outlying parking lots such as Mission College and Oracle. Radios i've seen used are XPR 7550's & SL7550's. If anyone with SDR is able to build a system for the database, that would be neat.
Based on a previous post, the system has been added to the DB.
Old 02-08-2015, 6:15 PM

STA (special temporary authorization) license for the 2015 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series LA Kings V San Jose Sharks, February 21, 2015: ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQVG514 - Go Wireless Inc
Old 06-22-2017, 7:22 PM
Moderator/Global DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Bringing this old post back to life. Was out here for the day and only noted activity on three frequencies for the DMR system.

Also, appears color code changed from 8 to 13. Some changes to talkgroups noted as well. Still doing some research but if anyone more local can try to monitor that would be great. Especially with football season on the horizon.
Old 06-24-2017, 12:09 AM

I may have to load that in to the TRX-1 and see what I can get at the first preseason game. When the tailgating starts all bets are off and am too busy at the grill.