Oakland PD Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to the Raiders game on Sunday and it was the first time I saw them with motorola's. Did they switch radios or it just for the game?

Both inside and out I have season tickets this is the first time I saw them with it. They always had their harris radios before last weekends game. They where brand new radios

kma371

QRT
ACSO uses one of the tac channels for games. Maybe they supplied OPD some radios so they could communicate. As far as I know, Oakland hasn't switched to EBRCS yet.

opd1653

Premium Subscriber
OPD Radios

OPD issued new APX6000's to facilitate the transition to the County Radio System. They are
programmed for the current Harris system and EBRCS new OPD TG. Much lighter than the P7200s
with the small battery.

SCPD

QRT
OPD issued new APX6000's to facilitate the transition to the County Radio System. They are
programmed for the current Harris system and EBRCS new OPD TG. Much lighter than the P7200s
with the small battery.

Was the harris system a p25 system phase 1 or 2?

Radiobern

Feed Provider
Was the harris system a p25 system phase 1 or 2?

The current Harris system is a P25 Phase I simulcast system.

OPD is using Motorola APX6000 radios while OFD will be using APX7000 radios. OPD was using a mix of Harris P7200 and Harris XG-25 or XG-75 radios.

The next step is to change out all the Harris consoles in the dispatch center. Once that is completed, then the switch to EBRCS can occur. From my understanding, Oakland will be primarily on the Alameda County Northwest site.

ACSO has been using Dispatch 3 and Service 3 for Raiders games. OPD has been using TAC 3 and TAC 4 or TAC 4 and TAC 5 for Raiders games.

Last edited:

cozmo

Premium Subscriber
Oakland/Piedmont

Oakland is about to switch over soon. Maybe within hour's or at least a day.
Patrol's 1-3 are doing final check in's with unit's call sign's and radio id's.
Piedmont PD / FD are already active and in full use.
Nothing heard for Oakland Fire yet.

Anyone else have more info?

kma371

QRT
Let's just continue this discussion in the EBRCS thread since you posted the same thing over there

Status
Not open for further replies.