What is fitting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

norcalbusa

Been scanning for decades, but I've been spoiled the last fifteen years living in an area that is vastly analog. My trusty BC9000XLT and BCT15X serve me really well. The 15X rides perfectly attached to my center console.

Itching for a new scanner for the truck and admit I haven't kept up on the various systems and digitization. I do a lot of driving to see clients, so something that allows me to easily drop and activate systems as I relocate if great. Clearly a lot of you guys are really up to speed, I'm seeking a bit of knowledge.

So here's the ask- for Northern California, especially the bay area- would the BCD536HP or the BCD996P2 (or something else) be fitting? Why? Thanks a million.

whisper16

I think I would go with the bcd536hp. It has a better filter that the bcd996p2 does not have. With the congested RF environment of the Bay Area I think it's a must. I have a bcd325p2 and don't have much luck with it in the Silicon Valley.

Either model will allow you to turn systems on and off as you travel.

norcalbusa

Thanks. Indeed- its "noisy" in the bay area.

Looks like there is a recall pending for the clock battery- once parts arrive they forecast a three week turnaround ("fast"?). I think I'll wait and let them get the inventory flushed out with the recall already done.

Also some sort of "pay us more for it" update thingie coming, but not yet available;

"EDACS trunked radio systems with ProVoice channels (paid ProVoice upgrade required)
Conventional Digital Mobile Radio (DMR) channels (paid DMR upgrade required)
MotoTRBO Capacity Plus Trunked Radio Systems (paid DMR upgrade required)
MotoTRBO Connect Plus Trunked Radio Systems (paid DMR upgrade required)
MotoTRBO Linked Capacity Plus Systems (paid DMR upgrade required)"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.