GGNRA Law Enforcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

officer_415

Database Admin
Anyone have the scoop on why GGNRA law enforcement has turned off encryption? They announced on the air today that operation in unencrypted mode will continue "indefinitely" and reminded units to turn off encryption on their radios. US Park Police had a pursuit yesterday; perhaps they had interoperability issues with allied agencies?

Outerdog

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
Not for long.

Many (most) transmissions on LE-1 logged today have once again been encrypted, including RID 104, which I think is a dispatcher or dispatch console. There are small handful of transmissions (1 in 15 maybe) which remain in the clear as of this moment.

5dauffshn

footage

Premium Subscriber
Comes and goes

I too was surprised to hear some talk in the clear. Over the past month or so specific ops have been in clear, others not. I bet it's an interoperability issue.

avascan522

Premium Subscriber
NPS Encryption

I don't get why they are encrypted anyway, they're just park cops.

"Ah yes, we believe this tree needs executive protection with full-time secure comms, oh yes..."

I understand the concept behind "they have national jurisdiction and are funded by the government, so they can do whatever they want with no radio budget problems..", but it would be interesting to hear any other viewpoints as to why they flip the switch. Not even San Quentin prison uses encryption.

Outerdog

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
I listened to their traffic for the couple of days it was in the clear. I've never heard anything so boring on a radio. They are encrypting nothing of any interest whatsoever. A drive thru would be more exciting.

GGNRA LE is the epitome of "you're not missing anything".

officer_415

Database Admin
As a first responder in Marin, it would certainly be nice to be able to monitor GGNRA LE, but I guess keeping the auto burglars in the dark is more important to them...

avascan522

Premium Subscriber
I listened to their traffic for the couple of days it was in the clear. I've never heard anything so boring on a radio. They are encrypting nothing of any interest whatsoever. A drive thru would be more exciting.

GGNRA LE is the epitome of "you're not missing anything".

Haha, good to know. Guess it's not that big of a deal, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.