Connectplus system 268 Repeater Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
Hello all. It seems the Connect Plus system 268 is broadcasting it's Repeater Map (something that doesnt happen often). This map broadcasts all frequencies and LCN info over the control channel and is helpful for the Database for accuracy.

I'm having decode issues and wondered if someone else in the bay area can use DSDPlus and try to decode it. Is there anyone interested?

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Yes, somebody with DSDPLus should consider doing it. The repeater map contains a wealth of information that will help those people who monitor Telepath to have complete information about all of the sites.

You need to be running a recent version of the FL (Fast Lane) version of DSDPlus, and preferably with dual dongles and fmp24+dsdplus TcP linked. But, you can do it with one one dongle and one copy of fmp24+dsdplus linked. Just monitor the control channel for one of the sites, and if you see a notice in the Event Log that the repeater map is being transmitted, make note of the channel it is being transmitted on. If it says it's being transmitted on 16, that's LSN 16, which is LCN 8. Then just look for LCN 8 in the RRDB, switch to that frequency, and allow DSDPlus to build / save the repeater map. It will report what it is doing in the event log.

Mike

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Is this still occurring? Is there still interest in someone gathering the info? I'm willing to do it it this weekend, once I learn how.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

kma371

QRT
Is this still occurring? Is there still interest in someone gathering the info? I'm willing to do it it this weekend, once I learn how.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It's only active at current times. As of now, it's not currently broadcasting.

Something to look out for in the future.

mcjones2013

Premium Subscriber
Multiple sites are reporting that there's a Network Repeater Map broadcasting again. I can't seem to get DSDPlus (using the CC.log file [DSDPlus -rc -i1 -v4 >>CC.log]) to write it to a file. Do I just need to give it a long time, or? Doesn't even seem to be creating any new files or writing to the CC.log file any sort of network map.

I'm using a single dongle attached to an external antenna.

It says broadcasting to Ch. 2, which I assume is LSN2/LCN1, which is what I'm listening to.

Data says:

Con+ Network Repeater Map Broadcast; File version - 02004D ch=2
Building network repeater map

kma371

QRT
Multiple sites are reporting that there's a Network Repeater Map broadcasting again. I can't seem to get DSDPlus (using the CC.log file [DSDPlus -rc -i1 -v4 >>CC.log]) to write it to a file. Do I just need to give it a long time, or? Doesn't even seem to be creating any new files or writing to the CC.log file any sort of network map.

I'm using a single dongle attached to an external antenna.

It says broadcasting to Ch. 2, which I assume is LSN2/LCN1, which is what I'm listening to.

Data says:

Con+ Network Repeater Map Broadcast; File version - 02004D ch=2
Building network repeater map

Are you getting many errors? You need to have a pretty clean signal.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Unless the repeater map happens to be broadcast over slot 2 of the control channel, you must be trunk tracking the system using a second dongle with VC DSD+ decoding voice. Only then will it tune to the channel the map is being broadcast over to save it. >>CC.log has nothing to do with the repeater map.

Handling of Con+ repeater map broadcasts has been automated;
DSD+ will tune VC FMPA/FMP24 to a traffic channel that is broadcasting a repeater map.
Repeater maps broadcast on the control channel carrier (on slot 2) are handled by CC DSD+.
Repeater maps are written to text files.
The file name format is "ConP <NID> Network Repeater Map v<mapVersion>.txt"

mcjones2013

Premium Subscriber
Unless the repeater map happens to be broadcast over slot 2 of the control channel, you must be trunk tracking the system using a second dongle with VC DSD+ decoding voice. Only then will it tune to the channel the map is being broadcast over to save it. >>CC.log has nothing to do with the repeater map.

It’s on the CC frequency.

I’m assuming it’s an issue with my signal strength and errors in the decoding.

The closest site to me (Site 4, Apple Elk Grove) is not broadcasting the map. The other sites near me (non-Apple) including Mt Oso and San Andreas are broadcasting the map, but I’m getting errors in the decode. I’m in South Sacramento so I’m guessing I’m too far for a solid decode signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.