Old news is news to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø

Spent some time in that store…
Handy part was that there was a Togo's in the same shopping center.

Sad to see it go, but no doubt replaced by online ordering.
They'd usually have a lot of "window shoppers" on the Saturday mornings after the Foothill (and later) De Anza swap meets.

Stale coffee and the doughnut box was always empty...

k7ng

Electronics professional
Premium Subscriber
How time flies...

Good grief, has HRO's Sunnyvale store been there that long?
I worked 3 blocks from that store when it opened (almost next to the old Fry's location) and would (too) often walk down to HRO on lunch break.

I generally felt embarrassed to just mosey around the store and not buy anything so I generally at least picked up a magazine or a book (or an antenna, or a coax jumper, or something). Plus two HF radios, a scanner and some VHF/UHF radios before I moved out of the Bay Area. It was a lot more convenient than driving to Burlingame.

Frankly I'm surprised they managed to stay in that location as long as they did, considering the constantly rising commercial rents in the area. They can't be the only victims: drive around any 'high tech' business park in Santa Clara County and count the empty buildings.

Even though I don't live in the vicinity any more, I'll miss those guys.

bharvey2

Although the Oakland HRO is closer to me, i really liked that store. If I recall correctly, I dropped in there to pick up supplies the same morning I took the test for my license. I was sorry to hear of their demise.

Eng74

That one was a little bigger than their store in Burbank. If I remember right their rent went up too much. I stopped by the Oakland store at the end of April when I was up there. Kinda hard to find if you do not know where it is, you can go right past it. Trying to get back on the 880 was a pain because of all the construction going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.