San Jose Police Brevity Codes---Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NORCAL

What is a good source to locate an up-to-date list of the Brevity Codes (10 Codes) for the San Jose Police Department? I'm not looking for a generic APCO Brevity 10-code list. I really would like to locate the one for the San Jose area.

trooperdude

Database Admin
NORCAL said:
What is a good source to locate an up-to-date list of the Brevity Codes (10 Codes) for the San Jose Police Department? I'm not looking for a generic APCO Brevity 10-code list. I really would like to locate the one for the San Jose area.

When I have some spare time I'll scan in the official one I have and post it here in .pdf

But that's going to be a week or so for me to find it. :D

Are you looking for the 10 codes, or the event disposition codes ?

10 codes are pretty standard in Santa Clara County.

NORCAL

San Jose Brevity Codes ...

I would like to see the SJPD disposition codes as well as the 10 codes to compare to the Santa Clara Sheriff Office codes. I familiar with the CHP 10 and 11 brevity cobes as well as the CA Vehicle Codes and Criminal Justice codes.

trooperdude

Database Admin
NORCAL said:
I would like to see the SJPD disposition codes as well as the 10 codes to compare to the Santa Clara Sheriff Office codes. I familiar with the CHP 10 and 11 brevity cobes as well as the CA Vehicle Codes and Criminal Justice codes.

10 codes are the same as SCCSO.

Same regional police academy :D

11-95X is the only difference. Car stop on a female.

radio10-8

SJPD Codes

A= Arrest made
B= Arrest made by Warrant
C= Citation Issued
D= Driving Citation
F= Field Interview Card completed
G= Gone on arrival
H=Courtesy service
R=report made
Xray= fill unit or the extra unit or second unit. Nothingh to do with female in this case
Z= Turned over to Sheriffs (taught but never used)

cousinkix1953

Check the library at a community college which has criminal justice courses or a police academy. The SJPD codes are in a hard cover book called "Modern Patrol Procedures" which has been around since the 70s. The police still use the same 10-11 codes...

toastguy

List of police codes...

I don't know if this matches up to San Jose (SJPD) Police Codes, but it's another good start.

Police Codes and Abbreviations

I've also noticed that they also say

"DL" for Drivers License

...and will often reference a License Plate numbers like "4 Charles David David Zebra 5..." corresponding with 4CDDZ5.. This is a standard military phonetic alphabet Military Phonetic Alphabet

I often hear Code 4. It would make sense that it matches up with "Code 4 No further assistance required" So this page seems pretty accurate: Police Codes and Abbreviations

DaveeCom

A= Arrest made
B= Arrest made by Warrant
C= Citation Issued
D= Driving Citation
F= Field Interview Card completed
G= Gone on arrival
H=Courtesy service
R=report made
Xray= fill unit or the extra unit or second unit. Nothingh to do with female in this case
Z= Turned over to Sheriffs (taught but never used)

Are these the 10-98(?) disposition codes?

I've always wanted to get a list of them. I've listened to SJPD for years and have heard something like "San Jose, 7123 10-98 R-Robert" or "10-98 G-George"....quite a lot of times.

dxradio2003

SJPD codes

Check out "Bayscan" on the yahoo groups and look in the Files section. You'll find the actual official codes there. I tried to post them on this site, however, I had some problems.

----dx

toastguy

sjpd codes...

dx, is this what you found?

Yahoo! Groups

It appears that according to that post there are 10 codes listed on SJPD's website.

BTW, Why has SJPD been off for 2 weeks now.

dxradio2003

SJPD codes

Hi,

Go to Bayscan on YahooGroups and check the "files" section. Look for Santa Clara County. The ten codes are listed there. You'll have to join that group to get the file.

I tried to post it here but I had a problem getting it to fit to size for a good, one-page download.

Thanks,

Dx

Status
Not open for further replies.