Just want to work the sats...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spankymedic7

Hi to all,

I've been trying to look up which satellites that I'd be able to work with a yagi on a tripod, and either an HT or my FT-817. All I need is a list of sats that are more easily accessible than others, and the frequencies/modes that are utilized. I have a few sat tracking resources, so I'm good in that respect.

If anyone would be able to help me out I'd certainly appreciate it. And yes, I already looked at Clint Bradford's page. The sat page, at least in my opinion, doesn't give me the aforementioned info. I did email him as well. The only 2 sats that he mentioned were SO-50 and the ISS. I hope that there are more than just these...

Thanks again!

WB2UZR

Hi Cory:

Haven't played with the satellites much for a while, but for FM, SO-50 and the ISS packet are your only choices as far as I know. SSB/CW gives you a few more. The US AMSAT web site has been down for a long time, but K6LCS's web site and info on the AMSAT-UK website have some good info AMSAT-UK | Radio Amateur Satellites

Not much you can do with an HT anymore I'm afraid.

Scott/WB2UZR

WB2UZR

Also, this page OSCAR Satellite Status page by KD5QGR is nice to see what sats are active. Unfortunately, the links that take you to the sat info on the AMSAT site are not working, since the AMSAT-US is down.

You also might want to check to see if there is an AMSAT area co-ordinator in your area. They should be able to help you out with any questions you might have. Again, with the AMSAT page down, it;s hard to find this info, but maybe a google search might bring up some info.

Scott/WB2UZR

Status
Not open for further replies.