NightStalker Ops on SATCOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I had an interesting and rare clear voice military UHF STACOM intercept today - NIGHTSTALKER OPS - CENTURION COMMO on 262.2250 MHz (nbfm) today.

NIGHTSTALKER OPs is listed as 160th SOAR - but I have no listing for CENTURION. Can anyone I.D. this station?

Here's a link to a recording:

http://webbfeatproductions.com/nightstalkerops.mp3

Good catch. Besides the Space Shuttle alternate landing site comms heard on Fltsat-8 back in the day I am yet to catch any clear comms on the lant birds. All I get here are the drunk pirates CB radio in space crap. :(

Last edited:

SteveDouglass

That's mostly what I get too - South American pirates talking gibberish - but I've dedicated one scanner BCD996XT to just UHF SATCOM - hoping for that rare military catch. I found out what CENTURION is - it's a SEAL team on the ground somewhere calling 160th SOAR for a EXFIL. I don't where and maybe it's best I don't.

SCPD

QRT
That's mostly what I get too - South American pirates talking gibberish - but I've dedicated one scanner BCD996XT to just UHF SATCOM - hoping for that rare military catch. I found out what CENTURION is - it's a SEAL team on the ground somewhere calling 160th SOAR for a EXFIL. I don't where and maybe it's best I don't.

Wow that was a great catch! When your recording do you lock out all the active pirated channels?

Last edited:

SteveDouglass

SATCOM antenna

Here's a photo - it's on my apartment balcony and receives right through the roof. If it was out in the open it would even do better. I also have a UHF pre-amp on line and it's fed with RG-6. Cable run is about 20 feet.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 2,658

SteveDouglass

I'm thinking of making another one - but using an old DISH parabolic dish as the back reflector - the painting it cammo to freak the neighbors out.

n2nov

Hey Steve, sure do miss your book after the Hurricane Irene flooding in my basement shack!
Could you post the plans for the UHF satellite antenna or a link to it? Thanks.

SCPD

QRT
Here's a photo - it's on my apartment balcony and receives right through the roof. If it was out in the open it would even do better. I also have a UHF pre-amp on line and it's fed with RG-6. Cable run is about 20 feet.

Wow that is cool looking! Nice job Steve! Is this your website?
Black Horizon: How to build a $5,000 dollar UHF SATCOM antenna for under $20 Part 3

I wanted to build the UHF satcom antenna from the plans offered on the DBH website but the instructions were incomplete? Any reason why? There are no instructions for the wiring harness? Anyway I am using an X-wing home brew antenna for UHF satcom. Works great from my location. My Diamond D-777 120/300 mHz antenna also works great on the UHF satcom band.

Status
Not open for further replies.