Am I going to miss the upcoming ISS SSTV transmissions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragon48

I found this web page:

Receive Pictures from Space

Which states that:

The MAI-75 activities have been scheduled for the Russian crew on Dec 8 from 12:35 to 18:00 GMT and Dec 9 from 12:40 to 17:40 GMT.

According to https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/sig...es&region=New_York&city=New_York#.WEdJ_bIrKUk

The ISS will be passing NYC:

Thu Dec 8, 6:17 PM

and:

Fri Dec 9, 5:24 PM

I'm excited about this and am worried that I'll get GMT to EST conversion wrong, so I am asking here:

Am I going to miss the upcoming ISS SSTV transmissions, or will they be broadcasting during my windows of opportunity?

Thanks

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Based on the details you posted, no, they will be broadcasting earlier in the day than the pass times you list.
12:35 to 18:00 GMT is 7:35am to 1pm EST.

Google will convert for you.
Google and then search for "18:00 GMT to EST" and it will give you the EST time.

dragon48

Based on the details you posted, no, they will be broadcasting earlier in the day than the pass times you list.
12:35 to 18:00 GMT is 7:35am to 1pm EST.

Google will convert for you.
Google and then search for "18:00 GMT to EST" and it will give you the EST time.

I had "googled" it up, but was hoping that I was making a mistake doing the simple math.

I'll leave my scanner and MMSTV running during those times, hoping the ISS has a close enough pass during the broadcasts, but the 145.800 signal isn't going to travel too far, so I'm not too hopeful of picking anything up.

Status
Not open for further replies.