Any ISS SSTV broadcasts planned to hit the U.S. East coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragon48

I had a ton of fun picking up partial SSTV picture from the ISS, back in April, 2016. Have I missed anything since then? I remember hearing about another set of passes, but it was nowhere near my area. The internet tells me that there was planned activity thsi past July, but I'm not sure if it was in my area either.

So, is there anything upcoming planned? Also, what can I like and subscribe to on Facebook that will keep me informed of these events.

Thanks

royldean

Sorry for the late response. There was a worldwide SSTV event in July - quite a success. Monitor the following for updates:

ariss.org
amsat.org (cover page and bulletin board/mailing list)
qrz.com (satellite subforum)

And if you use twitter, add ariss and ISS Ham to your follow list.

dragon48

Sorry for the late response. There was a worldwide SSTV event in July - quite a success. Monitor the following for updates:

ariss.org
amsat.org (cover page and bulletin board/mailing list)
qrz.com (satellite subforum)

And if you use twitter, add ariss and ISS Ham to your follow list.

I am upset that I missed the July Broadcast. I like the "QRZ Now" Facebook page and don't remember hearing about it.

I'll be monitoring the stuff you mentioned. I had a blast back in April of 2016, picking up a partial picture that the ISS transmitted.

Thanks

KL1T

AO85

AO-85 has SSTV every Wednesday (utc time)

I personally have not been free during a good pass yet but it seems to be popular.

KL1T

Thanks - should I tune in to 145.95 FM? Also, is there a tracker I can use to see when it is going to make a good pass?

That freq looks right but don't forget it changes slightly during the pass.

To find pass info, I use AMSAT website and Heavens above website and app.
There is also a few Facebook groups to get news.
Remember this is a weak signal compared to the ISS - a yagi is recommended.

wd9ewk

Thanks - should I tune in to 145.95 FM? Also, is there a tracker I can use to see when it is going to make a good pass?

AO-85's downlink is 145.980 MHz FM, although later in its passes tuning down toward 145.975 MHz may be helpful. As for a tracking site, amsat.org or n2yo.com should work for that. AMSAT has been recommending the use of Robot 36 for the AO-85 SSTV transmissions during the "Experimenter's Wednesday" activities lately.

Good luck!

royldean

There are supposed to be SSTV test images from the ISS during today's passes. Monitor 145.800 (FM) for SSTV. N2YO.com is a good place to get pass information.

Sorry for the late notice.

SDRPlayer

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, can confirm a transmission here a few minutes ago. Although the pass was over Sydney and i'm nearer to Melbourne, i managed to grab this much off the dipole.

Attachments

• 2017-12-07_02.48.41.jpg
    2017-12-07_02.48.41.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 252

dragon48

This is a good site as well:

Current position of the ISS

I picked this up at 2:14 UTC 12/07/2017:

I'm really psyched, because my "shack" isn't all that impressive. I do have an awesome AOR 8200 MK3, but it is currently fitted with a stock 3 foot telescoping metal antenna and is in a city apartment.

Ov45Uqz.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.